• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

Good to have you following along and looking forward to seeing the builds. Definitely some talented artisans in here. What do you thin the Vallejo acrylics with? I spray a variety of brands without issue but have had very limited success spraying Vallejo thinned with h2o. No problems with a brush though.
I just use the Vallejo thinner--it's a big bottle and goes a long way. H2O has too many minerals and chemicals (at least here in Paulding County). I've found small plastic "ramakins" work great for mixing and even storing a custom color/wash:

About 15 years ago, I discovered 1/16th scale radio control tanks (already built), and decided to repaint and weather them. I never installed the batteries, but they could run just fine if I wanted to do that. Just for display. Here is a T-34/85 and a Type III German Panzer. There's a Tamiya 1/35th scale Tiger tank I built back in 1999 when My wife and I were living in an apartment. The Monogram Battlestar Galactica Ceylon Raider's paint job was inspired by the movie "Iron Sky" in 2012. Basically, a camo scheme from a FW190.

071.JPG

072.JPG

073.JPG

I waiting for a Christmas scene. Maybe Joe’s or Joachim’s out in the snow, sitting around a fire opening mail from home.

I waiting for a Christmas scene. Maybe Joe’s or Joachim’s out in the snow, sitting around a fire opening mail from home.
I might can do a small vignette. I’m currently working on a couple of Luftwaffe vignette‘s that I hope to finish in a week or so. I’ll look through the figure sets I have.
IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpeg
IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg

Slowly making progress. The white stripes aren’t correct on the 190 but look the part. I’m to inept to cut masking strips a consistent thickness so I just used 2mm tamiya tape. Painting the 190 was a challenge, all the masking required. The camo was done freehand with the airbrush except around the cowling.

I've built a pile of cars, a b-52, and the black pearl but I can't paint for nothin. Yalls stuff looks great. Mostly airbrush I assume?

Post up some pics if you have any. I use the airbrush about 85% of the time. I suck at brush painting on a good day, lol.

Back
Top Bottom