• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

XDS

RELOADER

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
I looked but didn't see a thread on it so here goes.
Who has the new XDS handgun? And now that you have whats your opinion?
I know it sure feels good in the hand and looks sharp but I bet that sucker has some whip on it when fired.
Think a smaller lady could handle it as a CCW?
Just trying to get you guys thoughts and opinions since my wife thinks she wants one. I plan on letting her shoot one soon.

:thumb: Its nice. My wife can fire it with no issuses. It does kick but its managable. The best thing is to go to the range and rent one and test fire it. Thats what The Wife And I did. I was so impressed I bought it instantly for me. The wife ended up with the Sig P238 as a CCW.

Cheers!

I had one. When they came out I liked th size of the XDS. I am a Glock guy and have carried the 30 for years. The .45 has more of a push than a snap. Its a subsonic round. The muzzle flip is not as bad a similar sized 9mm's and .40's. I didn't like the limited capacity and grip safety. I recently purchased the Glock 30s. I love it! 11 rounds of .45 in a weapon the size of a 26!
XDS is a great gun but in my opinion doesn't compare to the new 30S. Also the ability to reload with the 21 mag with 13 rounds. I bought my wife a 30S also and she loves it. Point and shoot and works every time without fail.

I looked but didn't see a thread on it so here goes.
Who has the new XDS handgun? And now that you have whats your opinion?
I know it sure feels good in the hand and looks sharp but I bet that sucker has some whip on it when fired.
Think a smaller lady could handle it as a CCW?
Just trying to get you guys thoughts and opinions since my wife thinks she wants one. I plan on letting her shoot one soon.

I've had mine since July and I love it. I personally feel like the recoil is negligible in comparison to other CCW of similar size. My tiny 110 lb wife can handle it. She doesn't have any desire to CC it though so I'd only suggest it as CC option when looking at the lady and her skills/comfort level with it.

I'd hold out until later this year and get the 9mm version.

I got to shoot one and it's a real nice carry package when only .45 will do...I liked the trigger on it, too.

The xds has been my edc until my fiancé shot it. Now it's hers :( She is tiny and really shoots it better than her other guns. Big punch in a small package. Now I need a new edc.

Back
Top Bottom