• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

XDS

It's my EDC and I like it a lot. They are coming out with a 9mm version if the kick is too much for your wife with the 45. The kick isn't bad at all. It's much easier and more accurate than the Ruger 380 LCP that I have fired.

I looked but didn't see a thread on it so here goes.
Who has the new XDS handgun? And now that you have whats your opinion?
I know it sure feels good in the hand and looks sharp but I bet that sucker has some whip on it when fired.
Think a smaller lady could handle it as a CCW?
Just trying to get you guys thoughts and opinions since my wife thinks she wants one. I plan on letting her shoot one soon.
Great feeling handguns. IMO the best thing about them is Khar will be putting out a CM-45 to compete lol. If you do get her one hit me up for a takedown mat on it. They are supposed to roll off the line next month.

i have one and it is a cannon. it shoots straight and the recoil in no worse than my kahr cm-40. my 5'1", 130 lbs wife shot it for the first time yesterday at the outdoor range. she is new to shooting with less than 100 rds downrange in her life. she has claimed my new xds for her very own to use as her new edc. she hit the center bullseye from 25 ft with 5 out of 6 rounds from an unsupported stance. i have to admit she is a natural and is not afraid of the sound or recoil. it order to keep the peace in the house, i did what any good husband would do, i gave her the xds and ordered a new glock 30s as my replacement. i think it worked out perfect. you will love the xds.

I've got one. I thought it would kick like a mule, but it's surprisingly manageable. You definitely don't want to limp wrist it, but it's not as bad as you think a .45 in such a small frame would be.

The thing that was really surprising is how accurate the XDS is, considering the length of the barrel.

I really like Glock handguns, but Springfield hit a home run with the XDS.

ive got one. it handles well/i shoot it well. its been 100% reliable out of the box (past 300 rounds without a hiccup eating quite a varied diet). waiting on a nice holster for it at this time. i am not the least bit recoil sensative, but no one else has shot it and said anything negative about how it handled either. i will own it in 9mm when it comes out.

I just purchased one last night. Went to go buy a 1911 officers model (3.5") for my edc. Saw this thing, and fell in love. I haven't shot mine yet, but I have shot them before. The recoil is manageable. My other half was trying to talk me out of it and just get a G27 (Which is what she wants, shes LEO, they are Glock Brainwashed), but for a pocket gun, you cant beat this one. It conceals very easily. I talked to a friend of mine last night, and he is supposed to be making me a kydex IWB holster. If anybody is interested in a good holster for this gun, let me know I will hook you up with a friend of mine here in McDonough.

firefighter, idk how the heck you call it a pocket gun but you may have some big (read big $$$) pockets :)

i have a tommy theis IWB and a holsterpro belt holster coming, but would love to see what you can get. i went ahead and bought both since i know for sure ill buy it in 9mm as well.

The xds is my ccw. I am absolutely sure that your wife can shoot it. That is the wrong question. The right question is whether or not she can charge it successfully. You must rack the slide with some muscle. You gotta grip it and rip it! If she "rides the slide", she may get a failure to fire or a stove pipe. This gun does require some technique. I might suggest reading the reviews on XDTALK.COM.

Hey thanks for all the great information guys. I think we will wind up with a 45 and a 9mm before its all said and done. I have to agree I think this is great little handgun.

Back
Top Bottom