• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yamaha's Niken 3 Wheeler - Motorcycle

I.P. Freely

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
http://www.cyclenews.com/2017/10/article/2018-yamaha-niken-first-look/

Who's going to be the first to buy one....

19_niken_granite-gray_lifestyle_003_03-730x411.jpg

What's the ****ing point?
From Yamaha: "The Niken will open up riding to a new range of people, and will surely prove to be a worthy steed for riders with varying levels of disability who can’t operate a conventional motorcycle"

I guess if you ride a lot on wet, slick roads it could have it's advantage's too. I wouldn't mind trying it out to see how it rides / handles, but I'll stay on two.

Give Yamaha credit for trying something different even though I don't think it'll do well in America?

From Yamaha: "The Niken will open up riding to a new range of people, and will surely prove to be a worthy steed for riders with varying levels of disability who can’t operate a conventional motorcycle"

I guess if you ride a lot on wet, slick roads it could have it's advantage's too. I wouldn't mind trying it out to see how it rides / handles, but I'll stay on two.

Give Yamaha credit for trying something different even though I don't think it'll do well in America?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for innovation . HelI think weird stuff is cool haha. I guess they are trying to branch into the spider market? I've driven a spider and it's pretty cool. I would absolutely want to ride one of these just to see but the set up to me is weird....

EDIT: I did not see that they were trying to open up the market for disabled riders. Guess I should have read the whole thing before I opened my fat mouth.

Still cool and weird!

Look at the other 3 wheelers on the market. I'd like to try one, just to see what it feels like. At least in traffic you can keep your feet up, and you might be a bit less likely to lose the front end on the laughable excuse for roads we have around here.

Back
Top Bottom