• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yea like this will ever come to light..

As much as I would like to see a practical application of hydrogen the "story" is suspect. First the libtard extreme bias whose ability to know what he's talking about technically comes into question, then the idea itself.

Removing hydrogen from plain water is difficult, from seawater is very energy intensive and published data does not support the articles assertion especially the cheap part.

Third, most navy ships afaik run on diesel/fuel oil dont they? this would require massive expenditures to convert. Jets run on kerosene derivatives. Hydrogen requires storage under pressure as well.

Not trying to crap on your thread, but this raises a lot of questions

As much as I would like to see a practical application of hydrogen the "story" is suspect. First the libtard extreme bias whose ability to know what he's talking about technically comes into question, then the idea itself.

Removing hydrogen from plain water is difficult, from seawater is very energy intensive and published data does not support the articles assertion especially the cheap part.

Third, most navy ships afaik run on diesel/fuel oil dont they? this would require massive expenditures to convert. Jets run on kerosene derivatives. Hydrogen requires storage under pressure as well.

Not trying to crap on your thread, but this raises a lot of questions

This would be fascinating technology, but I don't think we are talking about "free" energy that would put oil companies out of business. I did find several articles from national mainstream news publishers, but all were devoid of details....not surprising for this kind of technology. All they said was a "catalytic process" was involved. That facilitates a chemical reaction, but really does not change the end result. To break water into Hydrogen and oxygen, thermodynamics requires that energy be put into the equation, i.e. not "free" energy. It is a very simple process that any kid in high school chemistry can do with a source of electricity.

Enter the Navy's 80 or so nuclear ships, and aircraft carriers in particular. Those reactors generate energy and have to be cooled, so why not use the excess energy to generate hydrogen? I think the harder trick will be to convert the hydrogen into a usable form of jet fuel on a large scale....onboard ship.

Back
Top Bottom