• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yesterday was the most fun I've had in many years.

Damn, he wasn't doing the highly recommended Ivermectin thing was he? Someone told me this happened and I didn't add it up. Like he didn't go to the Dr and "So and So" here gave him Ivermectin? Now I have to go look back through his posts. Damn shame.
Him and his wife were both sick. He ran fever for several weeks. I am not a doc, but I think fevers is what killed him. His body was just too weak to fight the infection.
Awesome guy. We talked a lot. Wish I could have met him.

It's hysterical what sticks in some folks' mind when they read what you post here, I found that out yesterday from multiple conversations with members I'd either never met in person or have only said, "Hello" to at a M&G. The really funny thing about yesterday was @teearr taking pity on me after reading all my lamentations about the price of Lesueur Peas at the supermarket. He walked up to me in a short lull and presented me with a #300 can of sweet, delicious round green goodness and we had a laugh and a brief chat.

I would have really liked to spend a lot more time talking to everyone who came by the booth or that I ran in to while hurrying through the exhibit hall, but there were too many dang customers buying too much stuff! It was busier than the last "Great Neckbeard Panic of 2020!" There was NO price whining all day long. I've never experienced that at a regular "gun show." I only had one buyer even ask for a discount on something. It was surreal. Unsettling even.

I really hope that Okuma Okuma will do this again and sooner rather than later. If I can help in any way, all he needs to do is send a PM. It'll be difficult to rent a booth or table at the next one after word gets out how this ODT10 event went over. I wish it was two days.

I met a lot of members I'd PM'd over the years and many I've traded with and it was great to be able to mingle. There are some super knowledgeable folks on this site and I sincerely enjoyed talking Hi Standard pistols with some, milsurp with others. I learned some new things yesterday too. Most fun I've had in years so thanks again to everyone that made it happen!

Here is a pic I had to have of the peas presentation. teearr gave me permission to post this here on ODT:
View attachment 4174402
I'm ready for the next one my dad and I had a blast. Such a great community. Let's be real there are alot of assholes that share the same interests as us please don't let them find us lol.

Come out for more swap meets, it’s only as good as the junk you bring.

A180_Short.jpg

Back
Top Bottom