Yet another gun question

because you cant buy them new and are discontinued

they are really nice guns also, colt makes some of the finest revolvers. they are just pricey

First, like bellman said, Colt does not make them anymore. It is a supply and demand situation. The Python is the last of the "hand fitted" assembly line guns. Great fit and finish, and great trigger straight out of the box. I have a shooter grade Python and it has a great trigger in single or double action. Anacondas are, in my opinion, not nearly as good as the Pythons. The are strictly assembly line guns and do not have the fit and finish of other good .44 mags. But, because Colt does not make them and the fact that they tend to ride on the reputation of the Python, the prices are very high. Just my opinion.

They were vertually hand made, one person assembled each part from scratch, fine tuned it and had his reputation/ass on the line for each pistol they put together. Others were mainly assembly line prodtuction, where if you were the "grip" person thats was all you did, put on grips. Marlin Golden Mounties were made the same way, only one man hand assembled each part/piece, 10 rifles per day, he was the only person doing that particular model, all others were assembly line products.

A Colt Python is not any more "hand-made" than a Smith model 27 of the same time.
Colt Pythons are fine arms and worth more than most any other revolver, however the real reason is the prices is so much higher is mystique.

It happens with many things. Take the 1960's Avanti. Performs better than the contemporary Corvette. It origialy cost the same. It is about 10 times as rare. However, the Corvett will run you twice as much now. -- Mystique.

Dig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9nCdVrLenU

Back
Top Bottom