Yildiz

Doesn't really matter what a gun cost. What matters is how it shoots and patterns. It's nice to have a beautiful gun, but if you can't hit anything with it.....Or it's not reliable....

I picked up one of the steel receiver 20ga from Academy this fall for dove hunting. It locks up tight and I probably operated the opening and closing of it 200 times before shooting it to help with quicker reloading. This helped. The only thing I don’t care for is the rather small button of the safety/selector, it took me some time to get used to it and I missed on some shot opportunities, I just told myself that those birds would have been missed anyway.
Before I hunted with it I did shoot it against a large piece of cardboard at 25 yards to check pattern and point of impact. I found that the point of impact is true to point of aim for both barrels.

We patterned my sons and it’s was 60/40 POI. That’s a guesstimate , just eye balling it. My son hit 22/25 with his in trap a few times. For a kid that is fantastic.

Been reading a lot of reviews on the Yildiz, Mossberg Silver Reserve and the Stoeger Condor. I think I am going to get the Yildiz in 20 gauge. Just something to use at home. Seems like they are better than years pass. Looked at the cz models for just a little more but all made in Turkey like the others. If I am not mistaken Yildiz has a higher line of o/u that sale for north of 2000. Don’t know how many of those they sale because then you are getting into a whole better league of o/u‘s
i have a Mossberg silver reserve 2 in 20 gauge I may list this week.

Bought one for my son about 4 years ago. Its a 20ga as well. We run about 3-4 clay shoots a year. Never had any issues so far. Been thinking about up grading him, but he likes the gun. It is lighter than some of the others in this price range. One reason I went with it over the others. I changed the chokes out and she shoots really well. I'd say he has about 2800-3200 rounds through it and no issues.

ATI makes a fine over and under as well. Buddy bought his son one of them in a 12ga. good guns for the money.

I have a number of Yildiz guns from O/U to semi-auto's. Every single one of them has been flawless. I have a number of friends and family that have picked them up after seeing or using mine and theirs have functioned just the same.

Back
Top Bottom