you be the Judge

rsmith01

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Got a traffic ticket today. The road which I was on today merged into another one in which my lane had to stop. The car in front of me stop across the white line at stop sign and I stopped about three or four feet back. After traffic cleared the car in front took off and I did also, same time. I get pulled over and given a ticket for (stop sigh violation). WTH!!! LEO said I had to make a complete stop WHEN it was my turn. In my option I was stopped at the sign (even though i was behind another car) and could clearly see oncoming traffic. AM I WRONG?

Last edited:
In the eyes of the law...yes... To me...no... I would have done the same thing after making sure there wasn't a popo around.

Yeah, technically you have to come to a complete stop at the intersection before proceeding. If there's a car in front of you, you're not at the intersection. Its a chicken**** ticket unless you caused a crash, but that doesn't make you any less guilty of the violation.

LEO said there would have been no problem with where I stopped had another car not been in front of me. I was within a reasonable distance of line. Had been stopped for 15-20 seconds for traffic. Just wasn't my turn I guess.

Got a traffic ticket today. The road which I was on today merged into another one in which my lane had to stop. The car in front of me stop across the white line at stop sign and I stopped about three or four feet back. After traffic cleared the car in front took off and I did also, same time. I get pulled over and given a ticket for (stop sigh violation). WTH!!! LEO said I had to make a complete stop WHEN it was my turn. In my option I was stopped at the sign (even though i was behind another car) and could clearly see oncoming traffic. AM I WRONG?
So if there'd have been 10 cars in line your contention is they all should have been able to roll through the sign because they had stopped previously? Come on dude....
I've gotten plenty of tickets in my life. I can only think of ONE that was honestly written improperly and that was 30 years ago. I mumble, pay it, and roll on. :cool:

3ulauc.jpg

We actually had this discussion in the academy during the week on traffic laws. Our instructor said that while it was technically a violation, it was in fact chicken **** and not to pull someone for that or we would be "that guy" and noone wants to be "that guy." We had some pretty cool instructors.

Back
Top Bottom