• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You heard it here first.

THat is exactly how deflation snowballs. Paying off debt by creating more debt until there isn't enough free and clear cash to pay of the real debt.

I kind of follow the old rule of thumb of no more than 10% of the portfolio in precious metals. The problem in a hyperinflationary economy or deflationary economy with metals is that no one will be willing to buy it. Why not start with what you are hoping to get in the first place...Cash.

That is unfortunately how our government is operating now. IMO the fed is evil and needs to be killed. I think that would solve all of our money problems. Cash along with gold and silver would be both worthless SHTF. Invest in Lead and brass!

That is unfortunately how our government is operating now. IMO the fed is evil and needs to be killed. I think that would solve all of our money problems. Cash along with gold and silver would be both worthless SHTF. Invest in Lead and brass!

A little bit of land never hurts.
And yes, the Fed is BS. But people get what they want and deserve.

A little bit of land never hurts.
And yes, the Fed is BS. But people get what they want and deserve.

That is true. The only problem with land is that the goverment collects a "fee" or "tax to Guarantee my deed and right to own said land. Which is also BS. If you want to see who really owns your property fail to pay the taxes on it.

That is true. The only problem with land is that the goverment collects a "fee" or "tax to Guarantee my deed and right to own said land. Which is also BS.

Correction. You never own it. You get fiduciary title. Legal Title stays in the county. That is how they can do Eminent Domain at any time. There is no Allodial Title, therefore no outright ownership. You get the benefits of doing business with the Fed (debt notes).

It's the same with any vehicle, the MSO stays with the State, that's the Legal Title. That's how they can take it away from you for certain violations (racing, etc,).

Too many people make the mistake of becoming fanboys of certain commodities. You have to treat them like partially domesticated wolves. One minute they can be your best friend, the next they are chewing your ass cheeks off for seemingly no reason. You have to watch the fundamentals, and be willing to do some charting on your own.

The whole reason I started this thread was to get people to take a look at the fundamentals, and evaluate which direction this market had the greatest chance of going in the short and medium term. I was privileged to some info that I thought would be beneficial to fellow traders, and decided to share.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Too many people make the mistake of becoming fanboys of certain commodities. You have to treat them like partially domesticated wolves. One minute they can be your best friend, the next they are chewing your ass cheeks off for seemingly no reason. You have to watch the fundamentals, and be willing to do some charting on your own.

The whole reason I started this thread was to get people to take a look at the fundamentals, and evaluate which direction this market had the greatest chance of going in the short and medium term. I was privilege to some info that I thought would be beneficial to fellow traders, and decided to share.

Best of luck.

I had a financial guy with New York Life tell me that I should leave the investing up to the professionals and that dabbling in investing is a good way to lose your butt. He may have been just puffing himself up but I just let my 401k and roth ride on what he does and I ain't doin' too bad with it. There are just too many caviots and laws for me to do it as an amateur investor. I could never learn enough to make myself effective just doing it part-time.

I opted to buy land (with my house) in the country instead of metals. Out of foreclosure I payed 53k for around 3acres with a house/concrete block out building. its just un-developable woods (because of terrain and a stream) between me and a 2lane hwy in between my place and the Paulding WMA

THat is exactly how deflation snowballs. Paying off debt by creating more debt until there isn't enough free and clear cash to pay of the real debt.

I kind of follow the old rule of thumb of no more than 10% of the portfolio in precious metals. The problem in a hyperinflationary economy or deflationary economy with metals is that no one will be willing to buy it. Why not start with what you are hoping to get in the first place...Cash.

I agree with Precter,however you will note that several times he refers back to GOLD as the only true money. I also agree with that. Every fiat currency has failed and we should expect nothing more or less from our own paper. Precter agrees that the dollar will fail,eventually, in the mean time, cash is a good place to be,U.S. dollars that is. Watch the currency markets or FOREX and you will see it plain as day. There is a race to the bottom in regards to currency prices or the "cost" of money. Why? Commerce! Nations need their currency to be cheaper than the reserve currency i.e. US Dollar, the U.S. needs a weak Dollar to continue to print/borrow on the cheap. The crisis that is looming will be a currency crisis, that means right now is a good time to buy or hold dollars as they will continue to increase in buying power as others try to devalue their own to keep the shrinking export market alive. None of this will of course dischage the massive debts that are tied to the issuance of fiat currency and that is what will lead to the death of the dollar,just not yet though.

Back
Top Bottom