• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You will never see in my collection these firearms

Drive up up here and let's do some shooting. You can shoot my Savage FCP-K side by side with my 700 AAC-SD. Both suppressed. You will never even consider a Remington rifle again. Don't get me wrong, it is sweet, but the Savage is an orgasm every time you pull the trigger.

The rifle part of my savage was great. Damn quiet it is. It's just the mag that leaves something to be desired. I got me a G3 mag that I'm going to cut in half. If they won't design a good mag, then I will.

Drive up up here and let's do some shooting. You can shoot my Savage FCP-K side by side with my 700 AAC-SD. Both suppressed. You will never even consider a Remington rifle again. Don't get me wrong, it is sweet, but the Savage is an orgasm every time you pull the trigger.

and you didn't buy a "Savage", you bought a freaking Axis. That's like saying all fords are junk because you bought a 92 fiesta and it broke down.

150 yard 5 shot group I shot with this old junker

Attachments

• 0927150158-1.jpg
    0927150158-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 19

and you didn't buy a "Savage", you bought a freaking Axis. That's like saying all fords are junk because you bought a 92 fiesta and it broke down.

Hey, it's got their damn name on it! It's my fault . I don't blame them. I blame myself for breaking my own rule and cheaping out

Supposedly Savages have some of the best factory barrels on the market. That is what I have been told anyways. I know zip about bolt guns. Not my lane so I will stay out of it.

As for Anderson, I don't believe it for a second that they ship partially finished receivers over here to finish. That would require Cerro forge (the company Anderson gets their forgings from), in VA to ship these lowers over seas, have them machined, then shipped to Anderson for final finish. Shipping costs would make that wildly impractical and not even close to being cost effective, (kinda like having barrels made in Mexico or wherever but I was going to continue letting him dig that hole). Anderson is a big company. Before striking out on their own they were a parts manufacture for Colt. They use to make the Colt LE6900 (the ones with the goofy roll mark), they made parts and did manufacturing for other companies now they make their own line of rifles and why I don't buy into their no lube rifles, the machining, fit and finish on their uppers and lowers is extremely good. Even more so when their lower costs under $40. I don't care for the horse head, but I just think of it like a hybrid colt so it's all good. :)

Last edited:
The only Savage I currently own is a M116FHSS Weather Warrior - stainless/synthetic bolt rifle with hinged floor plate in .270. Fit and finish are superb. Accuracy is ..."superber" if that's a word. If not, it is now :) I have a couple of Remington 700s too. Seems like the problems people have with them come on once they start dicking with the triggers. The only bolt guns I have that I'm all giddy about are my Browning A Bolts...and that's just because they are prettier...and my 8mm Mausers because they look better than Mosins and make bigger booms.

Back
Top Bottom