• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You will never see in my collection these firearms

As a car is a car is a car I guess.

I can see his point.
Years ago i worked for a company that built exhaust and shock absorber systems.
They were all made the same.
some longer, some not as long.
But the point is they were all the same, nothing special about any of them, Until you put the sticker on it of the maker.
And there were several.
We made all of them and these so-called other makers did not.
Now when you purchase these in the store ,there was a major difference in price.
For the exact clone product.
And im not just talking a few dollars.

I can see his point.
Years ago i worked for a company that built exhaust and shock absorber systems.
They were all made the same.
some longer, some not as long.
But the point is they were all the same, nothing special about any of them, Until you put the sticker on it of the maker.
And there were several.
We made all of them and these so-called other makers did not.
Now when you purchase these in the store ,there was a major difference in price.
For the exact clone product.
And im not just talking a few dollars.

I understand the point also, but that's making the assumption that for example all barrels are made the same, have the same degree of accuracy, etc.

I heard they are made on machinery run by machinery controlled by computers brought from overseas that seem to be of good quality...anyone heard of this?

If true, this is, to be forwarned people need. Companies hide this from the public, why would, hmm?

I understand the point also, but that's making the assumption that for example all barrels are made the same, have the same degree of accuracy, etc.

No...not all barrels are made the same. They come in different lengths, weights, twist rates and are made from different metals and finishes both inside and out. Gas port holes are available in Rifle length, mid length, carbine length and pistol length. However, all the choices are available with or without the designer tag.

Last edited:
No...not all barrels are made the same. They come in different lengths, weights, twist rates and are made from different metals and finishes both inside and out. Gas port holes are available in Rifle length, mid length, carbine length and pistol length. However, all the choices are available with or without the designer tag.

You've been called out on your bs spewing before and apparently didn't learn your lesson. No, all AR's are not the same. Yes, you are getting much more than a name with BCM, Colt, DD vs RRA, Bushmaster, S&W. Whether or not you're personally going to see a difference in performance will depend on how you use the rifle. However, the fact that you don't realize the benefit for your uses does NOT mean that the two are identical.

Tell it to the guy I helped 3 weeks ago with the factory-built DTI with a huge gas port and a carbine weight buffer. He went to screw on his brand new $800 silencer and all of a sudden his rifle became a single shot. Because manufacturers like Colt, DD, BCM, etc make their rifles correctly, their gas ports aren't oversized and they use appropriate weight buffers so that they run more reliably, out of the box, even with a suppressor.

BCM and DD haven't done anything revolutionary to the design of the AR15. What they have done is offered a properly-built rifle to the commercial market, which until recently, was only populated with neutered Colts, and then a plethora of inferior AR15 clones from the likes of Bushmaster, RRA, DPMS, etc.

I got to tell you though. It was for the best, I am having a hard time resiting that Colt 6920 you have listed. I wish they still made them in that configuration. So if you just remove that ad now please you can save me from myself and my sickness.

If it makes you feel any better, I just sold it. :(

Back
Top Bottom