Your gun can actually fire on it's own....

Lawyer interview says incident meets all the New Mexico
requirements for involuntary manslaughter. Now whether
the D.A. chooses to indict is a whole different matter. Guess
it's just a question of how much hush money is enough.
Sorry, my cynicism must be showing. :embarassed:

Alec Baldwin’s statement

"I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it," he said, before explaining how he pulled back and later released the hammer of the gun.

"I said to her, 'In this scene, I'm going to cock the gun? Do you want to see that?'" He confirmed Hutchins told him to cock the gun.

"I let go of the hammer and the gun goes off. I never pulled the trigger," Baldwin said.

“According to an affidavit released Sunday night,
actor Alec Baldwin was practicing drawing his weapon and firing it at the camera. The new detail in the affidavit explains why the camera operator, Halyna Hutchins, and director Joel Souza were in the line of fire.

Assistant director David Halls told authorities that he handed the gun to Baldwin believing that it did not contain any real bullets. Halls said he took the weapon from a gray cart and shouted cold gun, a term on film sets that means the gun contains no live rounds.”

^^ Seems Baldwin had drawn and fired multiple times before the live round went off. The AD said he grabbed the gun from a gray cart. Did the Armorer clear that gun for use before the AD grabbed it? Or did the AD just assume? Why was the AD yelling cold gun but he didn’t check it and he’s not the set Armorer?

The armorer is set to take the fall.... just sayin....
Judging by the affidavit, the AD and Armorer are set to take the fall. The AD had no business handling the firearm, didn’t clear it, wasn’t told it was clear by the Armorer, yelled cold gun and handed it too Baldwin.

Baldwin had been practicing drawing and firing at the camera. There were 3 guns being used, so my guess is he used one gun to practice and when it ran dry, the AD grabbed another one.

I would like to believe an Armorer (no matter how novice) could tell the difference between a blank and live round. So it would make sense that the Assistant Director grabbed a gun that wasn’t cleared. But all of the guns should have been cleared long beforehand by the Armorer.

Back
Top Bottom