• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on Gas Masks

I'm just finding it confusing as the site I referenced earlier blatantly says to stay away from low cost masks. I would think so as well but there has got to be something that someone could advise. As far as filters that stuff is blowing my mind. As far as I understand it the standard today seems to be the NATO 40mm cartridge. I just wish I could find out everything it prevents against.

i had some for sale and took for ever to sale them , seem like no body had any interest or they had to many one i guess i will get some more and try it again after this thread , you know if you order them on line your targeted as a terrerist

See thats the stuff that confuses me. A Government run organization talks about "choosing the right one" and then they put you on a list. I wonder if they do the same for stuff that can purify mass quantities of water or bulk First Aid Kits (which it looks like I will be building my own).

I have a gas mask and two Chem suits. Thank you US Air Force!
Do y'all down there at Moody use the M50 or the MCU-2? I'm Emergency Management up here at Robins, and we have phased out the MCU-2, and use the M50.

As far as the OP, not all masks are the same. The M50 mask the Air Force uses protects against most CBRN threats. However, it is not useful against Ammonia, Chlorine, or Carbon Monoxide fumes.

As far as riot control agents go, I wear my mask in the Gas Chamber with CS gas every week, and I feel no effects of it.

Do y'all down there at Moody use the M50 or the MCU-2? I'm Emergency Management up here at Robins, and we have phased out the MCU-2, and use the M50.

As far as the OP, not all masks are the same. The M50 mask the Air Force uses protects against most CBRN threats. However, it is not useful against Ammonia, Chlorine, or Carbon Monoxide fumes.

As far as riot control agents go, I wear my mask in the Gas Chamber with CS gas every week, and I feel no effects of it.

We've been going to the M50, but they ran out so they had to go back to the MCU-2 until they get more. I actually have an M50.

Back
Top Bottom