• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Thoughts on the Springfield XD series...

Which Springfield do you prefer

• XD

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • XDm

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • XD Mod2

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I am a Glock boy

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
IVE GOT XDM 9 WITH 5.25 BARREL GREAT SHOOTING GUN ! BOUGHT IT RIGHT AFTER THEY CAME OUT! NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT . VERY ACCURATE.

I had an XDM 40 and didn't like it. Had an XDS 9, but if I'm gonna carry a gun that big I'll go ahead and get one that's double stack. I bought the wife an XD 9 because that's what she wanted and wouldn't budge. I won't be buying anymore Springfield products after the stunt they pulled.

The XD is my favorite striker fired gun of all time. They shoot great and feel great. I really like the XDS series too. Unfortunately I have written them off as a company forever. They are traitors to the 2A. It really stinks when your favorite carry gun company sells out their own people. I guess we're not their people.

The xd45 mod 2 sub compact is the best carry gun I've ever owned. I had two of them and hated to part with them, but I was so disgusted with SA at the time I didn't want them anymore. I also got rid of my bnib 1911A1...Kind of silly, I guess, since the money was already spent, but I got rid of them anyway. I would like to own another xd mod 2 45, but I will only buy used if I get another one. SA has see their last dime from me.

I got the XDs 45 first and LOVED it. Then I got an XD 9 and later the XD 9 Compact. I've had them all a while and switch between the XDs and Compact for EDC. I've had them several years and not had a single problem with them and liked the way that Springfield handled the recall.

I dont mind the XD, feels better than a Glock to me, but still too fat of a gun for my taste. Thought I would love the XDm but every time I've held one I've hated the grip. I kinda liked the XDs .45 I had, but I didnt love it and definitely didnt shoot it as well as I'd have liked. Never tried any of them in 9mm.

Ive had:
XD Subcompact 9mm
XD Subcompact .40
XD Full size 9mm
XDm Compact 9mm
XDm Duty size .40
XD Mod2 Subcompact 9mm

I love them but I always find myself trading them away.
The triggers are not as nice as a Glock, especially the reset, but they point better.
The sights are known industry wide for being a royal PITA to change.
The aftermarket for them just isn't as wide as Glock or M&P.
And if you care about bug out/end of world scenarios the mags are high polish stainless and will be extremely shiny in the daytime/getting looked for by any type of light.

The only issue I have ever had with them is a striker retainer pin broke on my first one, however I probably shot 5000 live rounds out of it and dry fired it close to 30,000 times doing trigger discipline practice.

Whenever I get one now the first mod is a spring roll pin from Powder River Precision, @Glocktavious I forgot to mention that btw.

Back
Top Bottom