• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your Thoughts on the Springfield XD series...

Which Springfield do you prefer

• XD

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • XDm

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • XD Mod2

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I am a Glock boy

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters

Just curious (and I understand this is subject to opinion) but I would like to get your input on any differences, or benefits between the two (or the Mod2) from others who have carried both.

One of these is going to have to go, but it appears she is committed to the XDm 4.25".

Both are 9MM and NOT the compact (4" and 4.25")

Thanks in advance!

Yes it's raining so I am not staining today!

The XDm has a match grade barrel, and it disconnects the trigger when you throw the take down lever, in my opinion the XDm is the best of the non micro sizes, even compared to the Mod2. Ditch the XD gen 1 and keep the XDm.

IMO the loaded chamber indicator and grip safety makes the XD a great gun for noobs like me. Safe and simple.

I actually like the mags. The smoothest seating and release possibly of any other similar pistol. Yes...the reset is much different then most. Almost a full
20170828_202950.jpg
reset.

You replaced the pin?
No pin replacement on this model
20170828_202950.jpg

I always thought they looked to bulky. And never liked them based on there looks. But my friend has one and when I shot it my opinion changed. Very good shooting pistols. But not quite as good as my M&Ps.

Really go with what you prefer. Glocks feel better in my hand, especially gen 4 Glocks but you asked about XD.

When comparing the XD to the XDm - go with what fits your hand better and you shoot more accurately. They are both equally reliable.

Pros:

The XD has been a solid reliable pistol for me with great accuracy. I shoot my Xd just a smidge better than my Glock.

They can often be found selling in ODT for a good bit cheaper than many Glocks. For the money it's hard to beat the value of a used XD.

Cons:

My XD when fully loaded the magazine will wobble and rattle a bit when holstered and carried; it's a small sound but it drives me crazy. I've heard others complain about this also. Do any of you guys have this with your XD?

The bore axis seems to be a good bit higher then on my Glock. Don't really notice a difference much when shooting in terms of feel or recoil. It just seems to make for a slightly bulkier gun.

The resale value of used XD's doesn't not seem to be as good as Glocks.

Back
Top Bottom