• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts please

Kdenton2448

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
So i have been eyeing the FNH FNAR and i am seriously considering aquiring on of these rifles, but first wanted to get the opinions of my fellow odt'ers.
If any of you guys have owned or do own one of these rifles your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kyle

What are you wanting to do with the rifle? That really is the most important question here. Answer that and I can give you a better response as to whether it is worth your time and/or money.

Well it would be mostly a sweet range gun and shtf gun might also do a little hunting with it

Range gun sure. Hunting gun, okay. For a defensive rifle. Bluntly. Hell no! It lacks irons which unless it is strictly a DM or sniper platform(Which on a side note, it could preform with good results if you were effective at engaging targets from 200-800 meters) take it completely out of consideration in my opinion for use as a battle rifle. Check prices on the mags, they tend to run rather high, $50-70 a piece, regardless of capacity, compared to comparable priced rifles, such as a PTR91. Ergonomics on the rifle, personally are not that great, even less so if you try playing with one with kit on, and spare parts for it range from hard to find to none existent, which of a rifle that you are grabbing if things go south are something I would consider. If its a range toy it really doesn't matter, but for a .308 battle rifle, which is what it would be if bombs went down, tits went up, and everything else went sideways, there are much better choices, in the price range the PTR 91 would be my first choice, sticking with the caliber and the price range.

Long Range shooting is where it Shines. The ones I have fired were super sweet. To me, where I am now, it's hard to spend a Grand on a riffle when I could buy 3 for the price of one FN but in some cases it's worth it.

Just keep telling yourself it's an investment!

Long Range shooting is where it Shines. The ones I have fired were super sweet. To me, where I am now, it's hard to spend a Grand on a riffle when I could buy 3 for the price of one FN but in some cases it's worth it.

Just keep telling yourself it's an investment!

Wich 3 riffles would you be reffering to PLZ?

Back
Top Bottom