• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Truck...let's see 'em...

ODTer's prefer which trucks below?

• TUNDRAS

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • TACOmas (this is not TACOs)

Votes: 50 15.8%
  • FORD F150...and all other F Series (GAS)

Votes: 97 30.7%
  • CHEVY's (incl GMC)

Votes: 89 28.2%
  • RAMs

Votes: 46 14.6%
  • NISSAN TITAN

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • FORD RANGERS

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • CHEVY COLORADO and other small trucks

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • MAZDA B2200

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • NISSAN Hardbodies

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
'21 Tundra Platinum with XP Gunner package. Sounded appropriate when I ordered it. I've been happy with everything but the gas consumption. I think this one has a drinking problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 28
'21 Tundra Platinum with XP Gunner package. Sounded appropriate when I ordered it. I've been happy with everything but the gas consumption. I think this one has a drinking problem.
Not my favorite color but def my favorite truck. Did the 2021s come with the new powertrain or is this still the old one that gets 12-13mpg?

Not my favorite color but def my favorite truck. Did the 2021s come with the new powertrain or is this still the old one that gets 12-13mpg?
The '21 was the last one with the 5.7 V8. I'm getting around 15mph, but on trips it's 17.5 to 18.5mpg. The gas milage has been the cost of what is pretty much a bulletproof powertrain. Had I know there was going to be a change in 2022, I may have waited to see how the first year held up with the turbocharged 6. On paper it looks like a better choice than the 5.7, but time will tell.

My first vehicle was a 1996 almost identical to yours. To this day I wish I still had it. That thing was only 2wd bit would go anywhere, cranked up no problem and got decent mileage.
Its been a great little truck and with 225K miles its still super reliable and I would not hesitate driving it any distance if my back and legs could handle it !!
At 6'5"/350lbs my buddy says I look like a circus bear driving it. :lol:

Its been a great little truck and with 225K miles its still super reliable and I would not hesitate driving it any distance if my back and legs could handle it !!
At 6'5"/350lbs my buddy says I look like a circus bear driving it. :lol:
We sold the one I drove in 2010 with around 150k on it. I remember cramming 3 others in the cab and filling up the bed riding around Dacula cruising as a teenager. You wouldn't think about doing that nowadays or much less seeing teenagers wanting to do it. I guess if you were the circus bear I was the clown car having all the folks in it.

Back
Top Bottom