• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your very first motorcycle?

Man there was a 'gang' of us that road around the neighborhood. 4 of us had Yamaha Enduro 100's (covering 3 different model years). One kid had a YZ80 and the one 'fat kid' had an RM80. You'd "think" that would have been a disadvantage as he probably was pushing double the weight of some of us. That RM would smoke all of us every single time! :mmph: :cool:
yes it was scary fast..i raced in the 80 exp class and was quite successful winning and ran novice open class and was able to blow past the big bikes

1975 Italjet 50cc when I was 7. That little sucker would fly! My Mom STILL hasn't forgiven my Dad.

Next was a 77 Yamaha Enduro 100. I STILL haven't told my parents some of the stuff I did on that one.

In 1983 my dad and I put a deposit on a new Honda XR500. My mom put her foot down on that one. I ended up having to drop back to an XR200 and my mom was probably right.
ha! My mom was none to pleased either when I got the Enduro 100. Then a couple years got the '76 CB360T when I turned 15 and got my driver's license. She probably aged 10 years that day. I promised her it was "all I would ever need" since it was a 'real' street bike. That lasted about 3 years and then bought my oldest brother's fully dressed '80 GL1100. I'm sure she quit talking to my dad, me and my brother for a bit after that one. Sorry mom. I was careful (as far as you know). :whistle:

honda.jpg

Man there was a 'gang' of us that road around the neighborhood. 4 of us had Yamaha Enduro 100's (covering 3 different model years). One kid had a YZ80 and the one 'fat kid' had an RM80. You'd "think" that would have been a disadvantage as he probably was pushing double the weight of some of us. That RM would smoke all of us every single time! :mmph: :cool:
when we would ride just for fun in open area near the house..everyone would follow me because i would lap them and over shoot the jumps and blow ahead..fastest 80 in 1980

A 1939 Indian for $50.. in 1959... Rode it and sold it 1962 for $300. It rattled, shook and the brakes were a joke and at 60 MPH handling was scary but I'd love to have it back again...:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom