• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your very first motorcycle?

1982_Yamaha_XS_650_Special_8e36198467c5646e0cf6_1.jpg

Trying to find my first bike, a 1976 Honda CB 360 t (Cumming)

Full story, I pulled the red with white and black stripe Honda out of a garage about 11 years ago with 300ish miles on it, got it running, registered in Cobb county and then took up to Athens while studying at UGA. At about 1200 miles and totaled my car, forcing its sale, posted on eBay to a no sale, but did sell to a local collector that lived off trickum, I think, also in Cobb county. From my understanding after some fiddling with the carb it stayed in his collection for awhile, I think he did custom cabinetry. It then changed hands, even went on display at Motions for a bit, and that's where the trail goes cold for me, so if anyone out there in the interworlds thinks this story sound familiar, please reach out. I'm not looking to purchase, just document the history to be able to get it back to the original owner.

Thanks all

Trevor

Cb360t CB 360 360t

There's been so many.
Started on a mid 70's Honda XL 75, moved up to CR80, CR125, then the beast CR500r. Had a 72 XL250 for a while. Then got into street bikes at 17/18 years old. Got a 76 (I think) Kawasaki KZ750C, then a KZ1000. Wife made me get rid of those not long after we got married. Now I have a 2001 Suzuki bandit 1200 that I am rebuilding. Previous owner should not be allowed to own more than a hammer...it was a mess. This is how it looked when I got it...and then how it looks now since I got rid of the fairing and replaced some missing parts. Just got tank back from paint (black again) and am going to send swing arm off to powder coat next week. Frame will be powder coated black later in the year.

IMG_20150812_201248.jpg

bike.jpg

Trying to find my first bike, a 1976 Honda CB 360 t (Cumming)

Full story, I pulled the red with white and black stripe Honda out of a garage about 11 years ago with 300ish miles on it, got it running, registered in Cobb county and then took up to Athens while studying at UGA. At about 1200 miles and totaled my car, forcing its sale, posted on eBay to a no sale, but did sell to a local collector that lived off trickum, I think, also in Cobb county. From my understanding after some fiddling with the carb it stayed in his collection for awhile, I think he did custom cabinetry. It then changed hands, even went on display at Motions for a bit, and that's where the trail goes cold for me, so if anyone out there in the interworlds thinks this story sound familiar, please reach out. I'm not looking to purchase, just document the history to be able to get it back to the original owner.

Thanks all

Trevor

Cb360t CB 360 360t
check with Burnt rubber..I think his name is Eric..owner and has one similar in his collection

I started with a 1978 Suzuki 185 (stock pic, I think mine had white fenders)

Had it ported and polished, replaced the air box, and put a Bassani (sp?) expansion chamber on it.
It would out run Honda 250s all day long.
1978_DS185.png

Back
Top Bottom