• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Youth shooting training/competitions clubs near Atlanta

Check with your local 4-H club/county extension office. Many offer shooting sports programs that include archery (longbow, recurve and compound), rifle (bb gun, air rifle and .22 rimfire) and air pistol. I became a certified rifle coach in our local (Dawson Co.) 4-H program last year and have had a blast helping teach these youngsters how to shoot.

Check with your local 4-H club/county extension office. Many offer shooting sports programs that include archery (longbow, recurve and compound), rifle (bb gun, air rifle and .22 rimfire) and air pistol. I became a certified rifle coach in our local (Dawson Co.) 4-H program last year and have had a blast helping teach these youngsters how to shoot.
We attended our first competition hosted by the Forsyth Co. 4H bb gun team this past Saturday. Can't give enough praise to the great folks who put this event on!! Our kids did well for their first competition (the host county had categories for first time and returning competitors) but we had a couple that took home some trophies. Chloe from Lumpkin co. Won 1st place for the prone position shooting and my grand daughter Morgan got 4th for prone, 1st for standing and 1st for overall score in the novice class. I'm VERY proud of her and all the team!

Look into private schools in your area. Some of the smaller ones may be in a conference that allows home schoolers to compete as part of their team. Ours is a part of gicca, and allows it. We have archery and skeet/trap but not pistol/rifle

Back
Top Bottom