• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YouTube removed one of my videos!

ShawnZR-1

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
This is so absurd that I had to post it in 'Stupid Stuff'!!

I got this gem a little while ago:

Hi Shawn,​
Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our child safety policy. We've removed the following content from YouTube:​

Yes, it's a video of my son (he was 14 at the time so 6 years ago now) shooting an AR-15. It's been on YT for most of those 6 years and those morons suddenly deemed it unsafe! LOL

Connor has been shooting since he was 6 years old. He made the JrROTC Precision 10M Air Rifle Team (Varsity) in his freshman year! He was captain of the team for his Junior and Senior years. He was the top ranked shooter in the state in his senior year until Covid shut everything down. He was going to Ohio to compete in the nationals but it was cancelled. His average through the year was 294 (300 being perfect) placing him in the top 15 nationally for 2020.

Trust me when I say, there is absolutely NOTHING unsafe about his shooting! And ironically, there are videos of him (and my daughter) shooting that are still on YT.

Hi Shawn,​
Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our child safety policy. We've removed the following content from YouTube:​

Yes, it's a video of my son (he was 14 at the time so 6 years ago now) shooting an AR-15. It's been on YT for most of those 6 years and those morons suddenly deemed it unsafe! LOL

Connor has been shooting since he was 6 years old. He made the JrROTC Precision 10M Air Rifle Team (Varsity) in his freshman year! He was captain of the team for his Junior and Senior years. He was the top ranked shooter in the state in his senior year until Covid shut everything down. He was going to Ohio to compete in the nationals but it was cancelled. His average through the year was 294 (300 being perfect) placing him in the top 15 nationally for 2020.

Trust me when I say, there is absolutely NOTHING unsafe about his shooting! And ironically, there are videos of him (and my daughter) shooting that are still on YT.
I had a similar experience with small bore in the 80's. Even earned a full scholarship. Today I'd be cancelled.

3e7755e1-6a34-4ed8-b324-ddd01156c774.gif

yup. I got all the shooting sports merit badges in scouts...do they even do that now?
Air rifles. I do host "unofficial, non sanctioned" Boy Scout marksmanship instruction (.22 lr & shotgunning) for my baby brother's troop.

Hi Shawn,​

Congrats to him. Very impressive!
Oh yeah, YT sux.

Back
Top Bottom