• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo M48 A value

spraynpray

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
93   0
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought this Yugo M48 Mauser. I think its a factory refurb. Wood and metal finish is like new, bolt is still in the grease. I have the original box and a box of accessories (ammo pouch, cleaning kit, manual, a bayo I think). Never fired it and it's just taking up space in the safe. Can't remember what I paid for it, hoping someone could give me an estimate of cash value before I post it for sale. Thanks!

[Broken External Image]:

I sold a near pefect condition M48 for $250 a few months ago. But the price depends on which model it is and if all numbers match.

M48, M48A, M48B

AIM had some VZ 24 Czech Mausers for $219 and up plus shipping, but they are sold out. The 48 Models are selling for more money depending on the model and condition.

Thanks for the input. Numbers I can find are all matching. Blued parts are all close to 100%, appears unfired, wood looks like new, the bayo and frog numbers match each other but not the rifle. Bayo is in the grease, too. Has leather 2 pouch cleaning kit, canvas kit with a bore rope and brass oil bottle, leather sling. Owners manual says "your mauser has been stored in protective grease for over 50 years". Very faint and small import stamp under barrel looks like "Cherrys GCO NC". Going to get some better pics and put it up for sale tomorrow. I think I have some old 8mm ammo, too. Somebody who appreaciates this kind of firearm needs this beauty!

Cherrys is the "premium" importer of surplus weaponry. Anything brought in by them is nice. The word Cherrys adds around 10% to the value because that is an indicator of Grade 1 equipment. Those are very accurate rifles. Yugo & German Mausers are my favorite Mausers chambered in 7.92x57 (8mm).

Cherrys is the "premium" importer of surplus weaponry. Anything brought in by them is nice. The word Cherrys adds around 10% to the value because that is an indicator of Grade 1 equipment. Those are very accurate rifles. Yugo & German Mausers are my favorite Mausers chambered in 7.92x57 (8mm).

Great to know, thanks for that info Mingo

i seen some where gresse as been on the rifle so long the bolt dont work right if the blot works good i would say 240 cause what u have is a rifle that was never used in the war nor has it been oiled or cleaned up since it was put in the gresse ooo by the way every gun gets shoot

Back
Top Bottom