• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo N-pap stock options?

Para13ellum

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
27   0
Reaction score
After spending the day/night exploring other forums I decided to start a thread here. I recently got a Zatava Npap as a gift from my father. The stock leaves much to be desired. It's nice quality but the comb is just too dang high to use the iron sites without Npap slap.

I know, I know, user error. I could probably get used to shooting face forward up close to the dust cover. But damnit, I don't want too.

Anybody on the great ODT run into this issue? What did you do to resolve?

I read in a few forums that if you remove the stock and shave off some of the lower portion it will lower the comb and end the slap. Anybody gone this route?

I've seen the ace stock adapters and what not but I would prefer wood on it.

ODT input, go!

Let me know how that goes, if you wouldn't mind. They certainly are nice.
I did have a set once, that was not aware when purchased that it was for a Mak90. The appeared very well machined. I just haven't gotten around to placing an order for a correct set. I like the appearance of actual hardwood rather than laminate.

Not really any options if you want wood on your N-Pap. Now if you want an AR style stock or other "tactical" designs their are some decent options on the market. This is one of the drawbacks of the Yugo AK variants, weaker after market then many of the other Eastern Euro types.

I took a belt sander to mine. Lowered the comb and set it back just a little. Feels much better now... made a big difference.

Ironwood makes good stuff. You have to shoot the Opap and Npap a little different than other AK's. BUT once you get use to it I think you'll really like it. Try going nose to dust cover or going behind that comb. Or spend the money and get what you want!

I may look for a take off and sand it down. I want to try the cut first and see if that helps.
I've read to pull the stock off and trim the lower 30% of the portion that goes inside receiver. A few different people have said it worked like a champ.

Sounds like it may be worth a shot. I'll take pics when I get around to doing it.

Ironwood makes good stuff. You have to shoot the Opap and Npap a little different than other AK's. BUT once you get use to it I think you'll really like it. Try going nose to dust cover or going behind that comb. Or spend the money and get what you want!
I've been practicing with it, trying to get used to going with my face that close to dust cover. Haven't had the chance to shoot it like that yet.

Back
Top Bottom