• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yup, figured it out now....

I can do it as I am sure many others on here can as well. That said, you may be hard pressed to find someone other than a licensed gunsmith who it willing to fit a safety on another mans gun.
^ Yup. I've done many of them myself...but I'm not going to do it on anybody's gun but mine.

I can do it as I am sure many others on here can as well. That said, you may be hard pressed to find someone other than a licensed gunsmith who it willing to fit a safety on another mans gun.

- - - Updated - - -

I still think you should just trade me that 1911 and be done with it.
For me to get rid of it the trade would have to be special. I'm already ditching my revolver. Can never get use to the double action pull. Just not my thing. How much would a gunsmith charge to fit it? I'd be willing to compensate for someones time if they could guide me through the process. I don't mind doing it myself, but have never done it.

For me to get rid of it the trade would have to be special. I'm already ditching my revolver. Can never get use to the double action pull. Just not my thing. How much would a gunsmith charge to fit it? I'd be willing to compensate for someones time if they could guide me through the process. I don't mind doing it myself, but have never done it.

Please don't screw up that Kimber for future owners...fitting a safety on a 1911 isn't like swapping a back plate on a Glock...you have to be able to feel your way through it. It's not a "Put Tab A into Slot B" kind of thing.

If you want a 1911 to "learn on" pick up a RIA GI model.

Please don't screw up that Kimber for future owners...fitting a safety on a 1911 isn't like swapping a back plate on a Glock...you have to be able to feel your way through it. It's not a "Put Tab A into Slot B" kind of thing.

If you want a 1911 to "learn on" pick up a RIA GI model.

No way in hell I'm putting one in without knowing exactly wtf I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom