• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zero Turn Mower Recommendations

I have a Toro commercial zero turn. Works for me. Bought at Toro dealer in Athens. Had a Toro homeowner zero that my youngest kid has now. Bought at same dealer. No issues in 10 years.

I have a Hustler raptor 42 inch ZTR mower and the borders of my 1.5 acre property have significant hills and some ruts.
My riding around those areas of my property for the last five years caused the welds to crack and bolts to fall out of my mower. Would not recommend, unless all of your yard is flat and you do not have to go over any obstacles that would involve one or more of your wheels hanging in the air while the other two or three wheels support all of the weight of the machine and you the operator.

Definitely look for a dealer near you and not a big box store model. I prefer Gravely. They have a model (ZT HD) that's falls in the middle of a pro and consumer grade mower. You don't need a pro level mower to cut 1.5 acres, but it's nice to have upgrades like a fully welded frame, thicker gauge steel deck, etc.

All Seasons in Richmond Hill looks like they carry Gravely, Ariens, and Cub Cadet.

Andy's in Garden City looks like an Exmark dealer.

Both shops seem to have good reviews.

I've been kicking the can on a similar purchase and I intend to go with Gravely because that's what a long-standing local shop deals in (and services) in my area.

My 1st was a residential Toro. It had a stamped deck but was a good mower. Lasted 12 seasons I think.
When it died I upgraded to Exmark with welded deck. Very happy with it.

I have the Exmark 52" with a 25.5 hp Lazer Z S Series. Great mowers. Pricey but well built too that lasts.
B79F684F-3E16-4081-9891-97719A14BAB3.jpeg
AAA24B1C-AB7A-4A13-B2BD-A21BB35FE3F7.jpeg

I have a Hustler raptor 42 inch ZTR mower and the borders of my 1.5 acre property have significant hills and some ruts.
My riding around those areas of my property for the last five years caused the welds to crack and bolts to fall out of my mower. Would not recommend, unless all of your yard is flat and you do not have to go over any obstacles that would involve one or more of your wheels hanging in the air while the other two or three wheels support all of the weight of the machine and you the operator.
Your issues describe many of the reviews I’ve read regarding Hustler mowers. Lots of folks having the exact same problems.

Back
Top Bottom