• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zero Turn Mower Recommendations

I ended up going with a Toro from a dealer. 50” cut with a Kawasaki 23hp twin. Delivered this evening so no chance to try it out yet. Here’s a pic from the web.
2DFE7692-C379-4C38-BF7A-6750078FD969.jpeg

I've owned a Toro zero turn and would not buy another one. Nothing but electrical problems to include one time my wife went to start it and it stuck. The key wouldn't shut it off and the starter was stuck so it got so hot it melted the wires to the starter and the lead tabs of the battery. The dealer I bought it from repaired everything and a few months later it did it again. The other problem it had was with the brake system failing. When the brake system failed the zero turn was useless and won't run or move. TORO is POS.

I mow an acre and now own a Cub Cadet Z50 zero turn. I've owned it a couple of years and so far no problems at all.

I have a Big Dog alpha 42" for the last 3 years. Made by Hustler. This is there residential line. Built like most companies commercial lines. 7 year warranty on parts. Has been flawless so far. The only down side is this line now runs Briggs engines.
Mine has the Kawasaki engine. They do still run the Kawasaki engine in there Hustler line.
Have had good service with the dealer Get Mowed in Richmond Hill.
Mike

Scag, Walker, exmark….
I’ve always wanted a Walker mower after installing their first Powdercoat system back in the early 2000’s. I don’t believe I have ever been in another plant with better morale and pride in what they made. Back then, it was a 3rd generation owned business. The grandfather would hand deliver each check, every week to each employee and talk to them about their families for 10-15 mins. I’d like to think plant is still operating like that to this day.

Back
Top Bottom