• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zimmerman Trial Live feed

Could be, if I'm the prosecutor, I'm pointing out she could have just driven away (presumably).
However if it was my wife and she was on the phone with me instead of 911, and the guy is trying to gain entry into the car, I suspect I'd tell her to pull the trigger.

and if the car had dark tint, he cannot see in.
Knocks on car to get a response from the occupant, tries door handle to see if the occupant is OK and gets a bullet to the chest for it?

(Playing Devils advocate, I wasn't there)

The description makes it sound much more deliberate and aggressive than just checking to see if there was an occupant. Doesn't Texas "stand your ground" include protection of yourself AND property?

The description makes it sound much more deliberate and aggressive than just checking to see if there was an occupant. Doesn't Texas "stand your ground" include protection of yourself AND property?
Yes, it does. This case is going to be iffy, though. Unless she has an eyewitness that will testify to the dead guy being aggressive, and threatening, she's going to have a problem.

If it went down the way she says, I see an acquittal. Why would he have tried to open her door? She's a concealed permit holder so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. No video or witnesses, though? Gonna be a tough one.

I read that in TX, stand your ground is only a viable defense when you feel your life, AND NOT SIMPLY BODILY HARM, is in danger. I suppose she could argue that she feared for her life, but is it "reasonable" that she feared she was about to die?

I offer this for comparison. In this story we have a man that watched his children die at the hands of a drunk driver. This is another case where the jury cannot allow emotion to cloud their interpretation of the law no matter how hard it is.

The Tragic Case of David Barajas

Last edited:
the "news" leaves out very important details, apparently lazy or trying to string it out for max effect. No way to tell what happened, but as a grand jury indicted, must be sufficient evidence. Notice the lack of a grand jury in zimmerman.

Back
Top Bottom