• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zombie Nazis riding vampire dinosaurs are attacking, what do you grab?

What do you grab to defeat the zombie Nazis?

• Shuff's Mini G

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • M1A

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • steak tacos

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shemp

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
747   0
Reaction score
So, I have been wrestling with a decision lately. I am not one that thinks if S ever really did HTF that it would be bands of people having huge frontal firefights against each other. Having a good, reliable, and effective long arm to defend yourself with is still hugely important, though.

So, in whatever apocalyptic cataclysm you envision SHTF to be, which of the following two would you grab and why? ( please leave it to the two choices listed!)

Shuff's Mini G M1 Garand
This is a 16" Garand. Enough said.
http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/the-mini-g/

Springfield M1A with all USGI parts minus receiver.

One takes enblocs, one is mag fed. I would keep the Mini G as a .30-06. I currently own the M1A and I do love it, but being that I can get M2 ball and AP ammo from CMP for .50/round the idea is very appealing. I could stock up on .30-06 cheaper than any surplus 7.62x51. The 8 round capacity does bother me a little bit, but then again I don't really believe people will be getting into sustained firefight as seems to be the idea in movies/TV. Loading enblocs isn't an issue as I find it nearly as fast as rocking M14 mags in. The only difference is cost; for the rpice I would sell M1A/ammo setup for I could afford to have a Mini G built, buy a lot of ammo to keep and practice with, and buy ANOTHER Garand for the wife with money left over.

What say you?

Last edited:
I've owned several Garands and still have my M1A. I'd take the mag fed option for sure. But would prefer my AR carbine because it's lighter and the ammo is more compact and less weight per round.

So within your two choices, M1A. If I can get whatever I want out of my safe, it's the carbine and the SPECWAR.

Ok, that is Sweet.

I'd still go with SR-25 because of the ability to change mags, but that mini G is sweet!!

Thorazine, lots and lots of Thorazine...

I'd rather have the Garand. Steel magazines are heavy, and more cumbersome than a bandoleer. If you are burning boot leather, it matters. There are techniques for dealing with the clip limitation.

I thought the tanker was abandoned because it wouldn't reliably cycle the 30-06.
If you are building a Garand, why not build it as a 308?
but, M1-A's are cool too.

Last edited:
I suggest you just drink heavily until you pass out.
When you wake up, you will probably find that the Zombie Nazis riding vampire dinosaurs was just a visit from your MIL. :)
Aside from that, if you are planning on a long term scenario, I'd sell it all and switch to a lightweight weapon.

So they reinvented the BM59? Eh. It was great for what it was, and the first successful M1/M14 full auto (as the M14E2 was a brute).

I'd spend the difference on a reloading kit and load my own AP with pulled 163gr AP bullets.

What does a 16" 30.06 offer with eight rounds that a .308 can't? Other than a limited supply of AP?

(I picked the Mini G in the poll because vampire dino's might bite the longer barrel of the M1A);)

Back
Top Bottom