• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9.5 ft GA rattlesnake

As a young man, I worked summer vacations for a land surveyor in Florida. I remember one particular time when we chopped line all day through Palmettos. The next morning as I was walking down that line, I came upon a record breaking diamond back sunning himself. The snake was only about 3-4 feet in length; but the record was established when I did a backward standing broad jump....as I recall, it was just over 13 feet. ;)

You killed an Eastern Diamondback in San Diego? If so, you killed someone's escaped pet. I can't think of a west coast species that gets that big. Maybe you are rounding up a bit?
I never said it was a eastern diamondback.....I kill one as In rattle snake.and it was over 7 feet .. I lived in the desert and Chaparral country for.Many years and rattlesnakes are very common normally they never get that big but this one was by the city dump and he didn't have to work hard for his food lots of rats ...But shortly before I kill them he eat a couple baby rabbits

Eastern indigo's love rattlesnake :)
indigo-eats-rattlesnake.jpg

Nice trout caught out of Pumpkinvine Creek in Paulding County yesterday. Guy caught it casting a R.I.P round in .45ACP. Those trokars have a lot of sporting applications!

images.wisconsinhistory.org_700006060004_0606000029_l.jpg

Yep...it's a real rattlesnake alright. Beyond that...just another idiotic camera trick where the background being in focus due to wide angle lens giving extended depth of field causes items in the foreground to appear larger than actual size. That snake could be 4 feet long and still look like it could swallow a mini bus when photographed in this manner.
Yes, I use the same technique when sexting...

Back
Top Bottom