• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any ‘Legend of Zelda’ fans?

Arrived today.

I mentioned my son's collection. It's in the second picture.

20230512_154945.jpg
IMG_20230512_171714.jpg

My son is 7 and obsessed with zelda games. He amazes me with what he can do on breath of the wild and tears of the kingdom. Ocarina of time was one of my favorites when I was growing up so I don't blame him lol. He just started playing link to the past on super Nintendo tonight and is already hooked hahaha

i’m still trying to finish Zork.
I got my Commodore 64 while my wife was pregnant and with it I got the color monitor and the disk drive and a disk notcher so I could write to both sides of a 5 1/4 inch floppy. I had nothing else to do since she had command of the TV and preferred to be alone. I got Zork 1 and played for hours on end and finally solved it, followed by Zork 2 and Zork 3 and then Planetfall and a bunch of the other inforcom games. I can probably put all the moves in Zork 1 in one command line and watch it go through to the end, even though it was 40 years ago.

I tried playing some of those interactive multi-player games like Everquest but all I found were bullies who had leveled up and delighted in killing lower level players. Gave that up after only a couple of years. Now I sit and play with my bellybutton and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom