• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

any members on here truck drivers (big rigs, not pick up truck)??

I have over 1.5 million miles as a OTR driver and if yall have anything close to a decent job and/or family you're better off staying there. Truck drivers are the target of every eligible cop and lawyer as well as 80% of the public looking to sue someone.

be fun to see a former LEO as a truck driver,

he;d learn how just about every cop in the country targets and hassles truck drivers

to go from being immune from obeying any laws to having to deal with millions of laws rules and regs.
one clearance light out and you get hassled.

OH!!! didn't you see all the trucks on TV during the snow Tuesday didn't that look like fun. those tires were not moving so drivers weren't making any money. missed there appointment broker's mad. you may have to wait a few day's for another drop time. no miles no pay, unless you get a percentage of the load but still setting on the side of the road don't pay.

don't get me wrong I liked what it did but it was still long days. glad it's all behind me though.

Don't forget what popcorn said..... cause that'll be the most used phrase that you will hear as a truck driver.

10+ years ago it was fun and you could make lots of money (I've only ever hauled hazardous liquid and race cars) but those days are long gone.

Lol at all of you who don't already realize that cops are also the target of blood thirsty lawyers....and work under a million +1 regulations and laws....an have to piss in a cup all the time....

Guess what, we already deal with that.....and just do a ODT search...we aren't exactly the peoples favorite either....

Lol at all of you who don't already realize that cops are also the target of blood thirsty lawyers....and work under a million +1 regulations and laws....an have to piss in a cup all the time....

Guess what, we already deal with that.....and just do a ODT search...we aren't exactly the peoples favorite either....

If you think you are hated now, get yourself a trucking job!

Someone's gotta do it.

I used to work in the oil industry. And as with everything in the oil industry, you make bank (but also extremely long hours). The truck drivers that hauled off fracking fluid, oil, sand... they make a lot. But they pretty much have to abandon their family. I used to ride shotgun with a lot of big rig trucks in the industry. There are a lot of rules and regulations. They didnt even allow us to have GPS systems (company policy though, not federal). And the trucks were disgusting inside because they were all passed around like a whore so no one bothered keeping the insides clean.

But yeah, you can make a lot of money being a trucker. It just depends on who you work for. A lot of the guys I worked with were ex-truckers and a lot of them said they got paid peanuts. But as soon as they started driving in the oil field they made bank. A lot of truckers eventually buy their own truck and start being independant, they make a lot of money.

Oh, and if you never had a hemmeroid before, you will.

Lol at all of you who don't already realize that cops are also the target of blood thirsty lawyers....and work under a million +1 regulations and laws....an have to piss in a cup all the time....Guess what, we already deal with that.....and just do a ODT search...we aren't exactly the peoples favorite either....
Don't forget long hours away from home, unhealthy meals, low pay, an high stress. And whoever said we were exempt from laws, regulation and scrutiny, is delusional!

Been driving since 1987 and I drive for the USPS, it's not bad at all driving local. I'm home every night and I do work Saturday's, but who doesn't these days.
The USPS was hiring a few to drive in and around the Atl. area, you may want to got to the USPS web site and check it out.

Back
Top Bottom