• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF new “rule” for no firearm Transaction without background check

Well it all boils down to the stupid ass President we have now is so afraid of this upcoming president election!! He is grabbing every single thing to take the focus off of what he and his party has done!! Complete open borders, funding a war we were not in, covering up his retard son and his family over seas dealing! We have to stick together! I have been a member on here for a long while!! I’m a nice guy I like trading guns, and they gonna have to pry them out of my cold dead hand!!! Trump 2024, and FJB

This rule is absolutely a PR stunt by Biden's team. It appeals to his base and satisfies the gun control crowd who complain he hasn't done anything.

You can be sure the ATF was planning on going in guns blazing all Summer to make it seem effective, although that may have changed after the Arkansas screwup.

Still, I'm sure the media will be showcasing every arrest of an 'unlicensed dealer' right up through the elections.

I am wondering if the moderator would weigh in here and give his/their take on how this affects this site and its commerce ? Even if ambiguous enough to protect from liability.
I’m sure Okuma Okuma is looking at all angles. But unless you are already breaking/stretching the law I don’t see how this changes anything.

Now the guys that are buying and selling everyday?…

Interesting question, If you decided to meet at an FFL to conduct a sale to another member could they still prosecute you if your intent was to make a profit? What if they decided the rifle you bought 10 years ago for $500 like an M1 Garand or an Inland M1 Carbine or a Colt 1911A1 now has a market value of $1000. They don't do this for classic cars or require a seller to be a car dealer.

Just looking to eliminate/register all guns.

You aren't wrong about the end goal, but the examples you give are all clearly part of your 'personal collection' according to the comment responses.

You also held it for more than a year, and I doubt it would be coming in the factory box.

If the reverse was true, those factors would be 'rebuttable presumptions' that you are an unlicensed dealer accord to the rules document.

The whole 'intent to make a profit' is what everyone is focusing on, but it's just one of the rebuttable presumptions the rule talks about.

There's are a lot more, and even there they leave it open to simply make up new ones as they see fit, since they specifically say the ones in the rule aren't all-inclusive, they are simply examples.

Going through an FFL may or may not change things. I haven't run across that scenario in the comments, but I've still got 200+ pages to go.

I could see it either way though.

If you showed up at your local FFL every week selling a BNIB Glock 19 to a different (or same) guy I'd bet the ATF would use this rule against you (and probably the FFL too).

On the other hand, the way I understand private sales through an FFL is that the FFL has to take the gun into their inventory in order to run the BGC. In that case it would be the FFL making the 'sale' and simply paying you your money (-fees), sort of like a consignment sale.

Bottom line is Dems are trying to end private sales. Next president needs to abolish the ATF.

Department of Education: Educates no one

Department of Energy produces no energy

Eliminate every DEI position and initiative.

Close the border and deport CRIMINAL illegal aliens. End any monetary support to sanctuary cities and NGOs that support illegals.

Overturn every Biden Executive Order

Drill baby Drill.

Oh and a balanced budget amendment and debt reduction would be nice. Make Dave Ramsey Budget Czar.

Now leaving fantasy Island.

Back
Top Bottom