• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock factory in Smyrna.

Madrox

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fancy Man of Cornwood
475   1
Reaction score
I just got back from the Glock Factory in Smyrna. I picked up a G32 in a trade which is a 357 compact. After some research, I discovered it was originally a G19 frame with a Glock replaced slide and barrel. I was leery about it, so I wanted it checked out.

Went to Glock and was checked in. Explained the situation to the armorer, and explained that if everthing was all good, that I wanted an extended slide stop and Glock Tru Dot night sights installed. Waited about 20 minutes. When he came back out, he said my pistol was just fine as it sits. All internals were replaced, trigger was replaced, night sights were installed, extended slide stop was installed, and it had been test fired. They also swapped out my old 10 round magazine for a new 13 rounder.

I never was much of a Glock guy, but after holding a few, I wanted one. With customer service like that, I will be looking for another one soon.

All I was charged for was the night sights/installation, which was 60.99 out the door. You can't beat that!

Glock customer service is great, having them local is even better. You can't beat their price for night sites.

Now that you have some experience, spotting a franken glock will be easy. Glock is one of the few mfg's that still puts serial numbers on the frame, slide and barrel. If they don't match some swapping has been done.

It really shouldn't affect reliability though, I've swapped calibers on a few of my glocks. With what you have you could run 40, 357 sig and probably 9mm with no problems. You may need to change extractors for the 9mm, it just depends on how your gun runs.

The only thing you may run into is a lower value if you decide to sell or trade. Most people into glocks won't value a franken glock as highly as one with the serial numbers matching.

Yep, Glock CS is awesome. It used to be even a little better...but they starting having some problems with product owners hanging out in their parking lot and attracting a lot of attention. So now they regulate their service a little better to keep the number of people coming through in check.

And you can't beat a G for reliability...the one I traded for another gun has 10-12K rounds through it will only one FTE...and that was an ammo problem, not a mechanical problem.

I went out there on Tuesday of this week and had a great experience... However the glock guy and started talking about their expansion plan which he said includes a hundred yard range. Possible rifle coming soon?

I went out there on Tuesday of this week and had a great experience... However the glock guy and started talking about their expansion plan which he said includes a hundred yard range. Possible rifle coming soon?

You don't ever shoot your glock at a hundred yards? I know I do...

Back
Top Bottom