• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GMC 2500HD Duramax as a daily driver?

70973456631__94AE60B5-2E39-464B-AB79-7878B1C93FD2.jpeg

Love mine

If they are “as fast as hell”. Why do I have to pass them in the number 2 lane when they are camped out in the fast lane?
I see vets, Chargers, and any plethora of “fast” vehicles being driven slow.

its the driver not the vehicle. Yeah I know you were being facetious.

What I know for sure is that my 15 F350 6.7 is one bad assed ride. 17+ MPG with towing gears. With my 28’ toy hauler loaded down with three+ bikes, tools, and spare parts, I have to keep reminding myself that it’s even there.
Ive had a few trucks pull up on me and it’s not even close. My stuff is OEM Stock, and pulls on Dodge and Chevy. I need to change the limiter, at 95 it’s still has a bunch more RPM, even with the pulling gear.
This is my last 3/4-‘02. It had the 6.0 and spent three out of the first six months in the shop. Had a hard time selling it too, and have been driving Toyotas since.

I prefer the look of F-250 over others, but reliability is paramount.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 4
This is my last 3/4-‘02. It had the 6.0 and spent three out of the first six months in the shop. Had a hard time selling it too, and have been driving Toyotas since.

I prefer the look of F-250 over others, but reliability is paramount.
The 6.0 was a disaster for ford.

The 6.7 is fords first in house diesel, all others before were international.

Preference is key,

I’ve considered jumping over to a 24 AT4 or Denali but I have heard some horrible stuff about their transmissions, made by or with Ford… I drive a 22 platinum F250 now and I wish Toyota made a 3/4 ton diesel because ALL this new stuff American made stuff is junk.
I don't think you can beat the Allison transmission, IMO

Back
Top Bottom