• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New level of Millennialism!!!

Another example of the pussification of America.

I’m 35, grew up in a very competitive athletic region, graduated from the same school as Joe Montana, Ken Griffey, and Fred Cox. I remember being in games where the game was canceled because it turned into a brawl, games where the crowds began brawling, even have great memories of my Father/ coach being ejected from my little league games lol. We were a competitive family, brother broke records in football, my sister was ranked #1 in the country for college soccer, and I was a bench warmer lol.

There was so much honor and pride learned from that much competition and dedication, it produced hard working individuals. With that said, I will never understand this participation trophy garbage, or this “no chanting”, it’s baseball! If I was there, I’d have stood up for you.

Haven't hear hey batter batter in years. At our rec dept there are some teams that do chants and softball like cheers. Generally it's at the coaches discretion. Normally by the time you get to higher levels of play there is less cheering and chants for the boys. Normally the parents are worse than the players the kids just want to play ball.

Sounds like you need to have your son talk to the batters while in the box.
When my kids played we had one catcher that would wear the batters out.
Just talk some smack to them to get them sidetracked

Back
Top Bottom