• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shtf property 8 foot fence, 4 foot fence or no fence at all

Fecal covered punji sticks within a trench if you seriously don't want anyone back there. Of course the trees in the first reply to your OP are a bit more friendly... As far as liability for people wandering into the situation, I think it is a nice gesture to post a sign saying 'not responsible for death past this exact point'.

this.plus hide a wide variety in several different locations.

So true....do not want to put all your eggs in one basket. There are also ways to hide things without going underground. I am not opposed to using a fence and/or natural barriers for security. The methods one uses depends on the people and environment.

If it were me, I'd plant alot of tall native bush's on the outside perimeter folowed by thorny vines/briars backed up to a 6ft or 4ft chainlink fence. If someone where to get through the thick brush and then get through the briars, they would still need to scale a fence overgrown with thorns. Plus that last defense is what i'd want to keep my eye on for any breaching. A good dog will notice early on anyone trying to silently cut through it all. Or you could just do a perimeter check every so often to make sure its still tight.

Also, in case someone decided to just drive a car through all of that. Get some large metal poles and plant them in the ground and an angle & fill them in with concrete for some heft. They will stay hidden in the brush & should impale the cars/trucks or take them out of commision for good.

Burying a few shipping containers that are connected would be neat. Could make an entrance from inside the shelter and one on the outside. Could be a last resort place to go if your house is compromised. Just keep both hidden really well & all the supplies down below so people think the house has nothing to use if they do get passed all your defense's.

I'd go with a chain link fence and plant some of those shrubs with the needle points and leaves that cut you on other side. 4' of nasty pain inflicting shrubs to have to through to get to a fence is a good deterrent.

Never surround your SHTF home with anything a possible intruder could take / use for cover to fire on your location. Trees, old cars, etc....tall chainlink fence may be the way to go but you'll be settin up one of them there compounds and likley draw attention for being a lone wolf terroist. :tinfoil3:

Back
Top Bottom