• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

‘The Last Round You’ll Ever Need’ RIP a GA company

I fail to see the point of this round. It screams FTF for us semi auto guys and over penetration for anyone, which renders is useless for SD and pretty much anything else except blowing up watermelons and pumpkins.

Furthermore, I have yet to see anyone with credentials actually review this ammo.

It screams underpenetration to me. Let's see, a 96gr projectile traveling at 1265 fps. Looking at bullet structure it would appear that the part of the bullet with the points equal approximately half the weight of bullet leaving the other half of the weight in the base. So half of the weight would be 48gr for the base, and 48gr for the points.

Now there are 8 points on the bullet, and from looking at the video and pictures it is fairly obvious that the bullet is fragmenting separating the "teeth" from the base on impact which is where their 6" of expansion comes from. So 48gr of weight divided by 8 teeth equals 6gr of weight per tooth. So in essence on impact when the bullet breaks apart you have 8 6gr pieces traveling at 1265 fps (actually slower since that number is muzzle velocity) and a 48gr piece doing the same. Basically what this means is besides the initial trauma where the bullet strikes the object, for the most part you are shooting 8 air rifle pellets and a 22 LR into your target. Combined mass doesn't come into play and once the bullet breaks apart your penetration is dependent on mass and velocity of each piece independently of the other pieces. This is why bonded bullets are so important for penetration.

In other words, this sounds like snakeoil. Simple physics combined with the questionable marketing ("490 Muzzle Energy") lead me to believe this ammo is nothing more than another marketing gimmick in a long line of ammo marketing gimmicks. Sure people are buying it. People for the most part are stupid and will buy anything with flashy advertising.

It screams underpenetration to me. Let's see, a 96gr projectile traveling at 1265 fps. Looking at bullet structure it would appear that the part of the bullet with the points equal approximately half the weight of bullet leaving the other half of the weight in the base. So half of the weight would be 48gr for the base, and 48gr for the points.

Now there are 8 points on the bullet, and from looking at the video and pictures it is fairly obvious that the bullet is fragmenting separating the "teeth" from the base on impact which is where their 6" of expansion comes from. So 48gr of weight divided by 8 teeth equals 6gr of weight per tooth. So in essence on impact when the bullet breaks apart you have 8 6gr pieces traveling at 1265 fps (actually slower since that number is muzzle velocity) and a 48gr piece doing the same. Basically what this means is besides the initial trauma where the bullet strikes the object, for the most part you are shooting 8 air rifle pellets and a 22 LR into your target. Combined mass doesn't come into play and once the bullet breaks apart your penetration is dependent on mass and velocity of each piece independently of the other pieces. This is why bonded bullets are so important for penetration.

In other words, this sounds like snakeoil. Simple physics combined with the questionable marketing ("490 Muzzle Energy") lead me to believe this ammo is nothing more than another marketing gimmick in a long line of ammo marketing gimmicks. Sure people are buying it. People for the most part are stupid and will buy anything with flashy advertising.

And you know worlds more than I do. :p

Back
Top Bottom