• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘The Last Round You’ll Ever Need’ RIP a GA company

Nice, nothing like reviving an old thread for the sole purpose of belittling a member. Really nice, a new level of low for you guys. I guess the boiler room doesn't attract enough attention for you guys. I can't wait for one of you to say, hey, it is just the internet.

Starting bids for these are @ $150/box of 20 & when the bid closes its around $225-$250. Imagine dropping that kind of coin on PDA, only to find out it doesnt cycle properly/feed properly in your EDC.....I'll stick with my Hornady Critical Duty for $25/box..

More smoke and mirrors to help jump start an ammo manufacturer. The bullets are cut on a CNC so make your own. The flippers are the only ones who will make a profit. The ammo manufacturers can increase their output and the flippers will still buy it up and sell it for profit. Just look at the .22 ammo situation. I purchased a .17 wsm and got one cheap. It did not take long for the ammo to go outrageously expensive. Fortunately, I stumbled onto a cache at Academy one day. Guess the employees hadn't figured out they could flip it yet.

I had a personal buying experience from visiting another "outdoor" site to purchase .22lr ammo and it turned out the guy worked for Academy and had even gotten employee discount to boot. I bought a G37 and it is the only round I can still get on a reliable and inexpensive basis. .22 WSM is just as bad. It is getting to the point where you have to buy the ammo first and then look for the gun you want as chances are the ammo will cost more.

Guess I strayed a little too far from the topic. The bottom line is that the RIP ammo is a gimmick, fad and too expensive to be worth it. There are plenty of other defensive rounds out there that are better performing and less expensive. The ultimate end to all flippers it to see them get caught holding a lot of ammo that they can't give away. Supply and demand be damned!

Starting bids for these are @ $150/box of 20 & when the bid closes its around $225-$250. Imagine dropping that kind of coin on PDA, only to find out it doesnt cycle properly/feed properly in your EDC.....I'll stick with my Hornady Critical Duty for $25/box..

If people are paying that much for it, they're flat out stupid. SGAmmo has it for a little over $40 / box. And that's still more than I'd pay. You'd have to give me a box of this novelty.

Just to keep kicking this (dead? zombie?) horse, and to start more of an argument regarding penetration and ballistic gel:

If I remember some anatomy and physiology and throw in some physics, one reason the FBI want 12" of penetration in calibrated 10% gel is that the human skin's elasticity does not correlate on a direct inch for inch basis with other tissues. The skin and the fascia below act like (going off memory here, feel free to correct) two inches (2") of gel.

Have you ever shot a deer and recovered the remains of the bullet from right below the off-side skin?

Or just think of skinning any animal. Getting through the skin and fascia is the hard part.

Lastly, I believe that 10% ballistic gel was created to mimic porcine (pig) flesh, which is then meant to reflect human flesh. The gel just gives a more easily viewed and replicated standard.

Back
Top Bottom