• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘The Last Round You’ll Ever Need’ RIP a GA company

I'll admit I was pretty intrigued when it first came out and I emailed tnoutdoors9 to ask him if he'd test it if I shipped him some. Here was his reply (after he 'returned'... he was really sick for a few months): "...I'm not going to touch it. The company has contacted me also and I told them I would probably put them out of business with my review..."

Combined this with:

1) Unethical marketing tactics (I think it was LAX who caught the discrepancy between their advertised and actual muzzle energy)
2) Unethical assmonkey ODTer hawking, plugging, and flipping the product here. (This guy getting behind it is almost enough for me to stay away just on it's own)
3) Unethical Gunbroker shill tactics used to jack up the prices (shill bidders anyone?)
4) Several negative reviews of the product
5) Cost

Leaves me with not a whole lot of positives for the product and I don't see any reason to switch from Federal HST for carry.
Wow, I've watched a lot of his vids

Saw an interesting article on TTAG today. Apparently, Masterpiece Arms produces the bullets for the RIP ammo.
Interesting indeed.

"One person was making drive shaft covers for a company known for their large green tractors. Another CNC machine was turning solid copper stock into some very recognizable hollow point bullets that made a media splash recently."

I think it's weird that they make stuff other than their pistols....can you imagine walking into Daniel Defense and over in the corner some guy is making bottle openers on a CNC machine for Sweetwater?

I mean, if it makes them money, go for it.....just struck me as very odd.

Back
Top Bottom