• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-10 Hunt

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Well, the season is nearly in the rear view mirror now. I'm at my desk eating my sandwich looking around ODT and didn't see a post for todays hunt. Anyone out today? If so, had any luck? I'm comfortable with what I have in the freezer now and the big gun has been put away for the year (well, actually torn down for a scope swap). I will be out Sat morning with the crossbow to see if I can stick one this year since I didn't have any luck during bow season. Also, looking forward to another morning in the stand with my mistress, mother nature. Good luck to all who are out today. Be safe and have fun.

I went this morning and almost got to let the 10mm eat!
I had two mature does “hunting” for me.... They winded me, blew and ran off. They came back 4 times, looking intently and checking the wind in an attempt to figure out what/where I was. Each time they came back they got a little bit closer. The last time they came back they got to within 30 or so yards. I had the Glock up on my tripod shooting sticks waiting for the lead doe to take two more steps into the open. She never did and then they eased back off for good. It was a really cool encounter even though I didn’t get to pull the trigger.

Made it in time for an afternoon sit. Good luck all

24747.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom