• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1/7/23 Hunt

My wife decided to let the does walk in hopes that a buck would show up. The five of them were all that we saw this evening. We really enjoyed the time spent together.
That there is how you survive decades folks! Fellas take notes from the rifle Romeo him self lol. Sounds like a successful sit to me.

My wife decided to let the does walk in hopes that a buck would show up. The five of them were all that we saw this evening. We really enjoyed the time spent together.
Time enjoyed wasted together is not a waste of time by any means. One day...... in a box blind.... with A/c and heat and signal I hope to enjoy a sit with the Mrs.

Went out yesterday morning with no intention of hunting the evening and a request from my uncle to shoot a decent size doe and drop it off at the processor for him. Only deer I saw the first couple hours was a tiny button buck. I thought about shooting him, but a turkey left it's roost and flew right over him, which scared him into some 4-5 foot tall volunteer pines about 50 yds from my stand, where he decided he would go ahead and bed down.

Kept hoping something else would show up, but most of the activity on my cameras has been nocturnal the last 3 or 4 weeks, so wasnt real optimistic. After another hour of so of seeing nothing, I decided to lob a full water bottle toward where the button buck was bedded to see if he would jump up and give me a shot.

Well, that had unexpected results. The button buck jumped and ran off without stopping. However, a small four point buck that I didn't know was there also stood up and just stood there looking around. Which means he was already bedded there 50 yds from my stand since before I ever climbed up into it. Since I knew I wasn't going to be able to hunt again in the afternoon, I decided he would do and gave him a ride to the processor.

Sorry, no pics. Wasn't much to look at anyway. Just a little 130lb 1.5yr old 4 point.

Back
Top Bottom