10/18 a.m hunt

Got skunked last night. Someones dog came onto the property. they are lucky its not a dead dog. Big Grey Afghan hound looking thing. Went right past me in my blind. Didn't see or smell me.

Starting to lose some confidence in my new spot. I've spent about 18 hours total on stand under optimum conditions and, with the exception of a single coyote, have not seen anything bigger than a squirrel.

There are heavily used trails, it's a natural choke point and the ground is covered with ripe Chestnut Acorns. It's also a natural corridor from food and water to bedding. There's sign that deer, turkey and bear use this corridor, but nothing so far. :noidea:

Starting to lose some confidence in my new spot. I've spent about 18 hours total on stand under optimum conditions and, with the exception of a single coyote, have not seen anything bigger than a squirrel.

There are heavily used trails, it's a natural choke point and the ground is covered with ripe Chestnut Acorns. It's also a natural corridor from food and water to bedding. There's sign that deer, turkey and bear use this corridor, but nothing so far. :noidea:
I would just be patient. I hunted a spot for half the season a couple years ago with no deer. When the rut came I had a huge 10 pointer come in 20 yards from where I was sittin.

The bucks' whole universe is about to change in a week, or so. They will go crazy for 10 days, then it will be over.

Don't give up now, the fun has yet to start.

Back
Top Bottom