10/18 hunt

Back out here at it. I've seen deer each time out this weekend but nothing to write home about. Sunday afternoons sure are quiet.

I had a buddy from high school bring his eleven year old son out and he put a bullet in this deer yesterday evening. Deer took two steps dropped and appeared to be dead. They stayed in the stand and we're celebrating. Darn if 15 minutes later it got back on it's feet and walked (not ran) off. He fired at it as is walked off and missed. Two drops of blood and that was it. @shotgun 01 and his wife came over to help look for it but no luck (thanks MO). Strangest thing and unfortunate. We think the bullet went high and behind the shoulder and below the spine into no man's land.
14747.jpeg

Back out here at it. I've seen deer each time out this weekend but nothing to write home about. Sunday afternoons sure are quiet.

I had a buddy from high school bring his eleven year old son out and he put a bullet in this deer yesterday evening. Deer took two steps dropped and appeared to be dead. They stayed in the stand and we're celebrating. Darn if 15 minutes later it got back on it's feet and walked (not ran) off. He fired at it as is walked off and missed. Two drops of blood and that was it. @shotgun 01 and his wife came over to help look for it but no luck (thanks MO). Strangest thing and unfortunate. We think the bullet went high and behind the shoulder and below the spine into no man's land.

Well that stinks. A good general rule for me is if the deer drops and doesn't move, stay on him and stay ready for a few minutes...Maybe even go ahead and bust him again...I've seen it several times...If the deer drops, kicks around for a minute and then stops, you are probably OK.

Try not to walk through the area too much and get a good dog out there. Ah heck, you know what to do.

Saw 12 does this a.m. out of a new stand and a 7 point that was a year and a half. Pretty, but let him grow. Saw two more does after I got down and didn't spook them. Great day, but I didn't wear enough clothes. Will be back out Wednesday morn.

Same little 6 from yesterday, and my black eared doe and her two fawns. Gonna go to my brown it's down spot tomorrow morning cuz I'm almost out of deer meat.

Back
Top Bottom