• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/19 hunt

There is still two VERY nice bucks out there. Couldn’t tell if this was the nicer of the 3 or not. Well, here is how my morning went. I get in the woods about 25 minutes before day light. I get situated, cock my crossbow bolt back, move some leaves out of my sitting area on the ground against a large pine tree to keep myself from making noise. I notice there are tons of deer tracks near the creek. I sit there on ODT for a few minutes.. looking left to right. 30 minutes later I decide to get up and move to a different spot to where I saw the bucks were on Tuesday. I walk probably 50 yards. Stopping every few steps to see if I see anything as I’m walking.. WHAT DO YOU KNOW THE BIG 9 PTR LOOKS UP IN SOME VERY THICK BRUSH. I stand there and we stare each other down for 5 minutes straight. Then he stops, looks down and starts to make a scrape. So then I started to bend down and then boom he see’s me again and takes off up the hill so I wait there for a few minutes to see if he comes back. Nothing.. so I keep walking and make a huge circle back towards where he ran to up the hill and I see him!! 20 yards away and we have a stare down for another 5 minutes. Could barely see him in the thick brush so I take one step to the right to where I can see him better and hes facing right towards me so I took a shot right in his chest/shoulder and he runs!!! FAR!! He probably ran 1000 yards atleast. Took about 3 hours to find him. Blood trail was massive the whole time I was searching for him. Finally got him loaded up and took him to the house to quarter him up. Don’t really have $600 to drop on a shoulder mount so I have him in the freezer to wait until I can come up with some money to get a mount done. I’m whooped!
7B0C00F4-EEB3-4226-84B2-A5F066024967.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom