• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 build

white

Default rank <5000 posts
Peg Leg
87   0
Reaction score
Well after getting ordering a couple of cans I need some guns threaded. Initially, I was just going to thread the factory barrel on my 10/22 carbine. Since, I have already been spending money like it was coming out my ass, I decided to upgrade my 10/22. I we'll continue to up date as parts come in. So far I have added a KIDD ultra lightweight threaded barrel. Pic that has new barrel doesn't fit in old stock. Just set it in there for picture.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
If you want to keep it cheap, you can open the barrel channel to allow the factory stock to work. Then just reshape the front tip of the stock to hide the former barrel band's area.

The barrel band will not be usable.

If you want to keep it cheap, you can open the barrel channel to allow the factory stock to work. Then just reshape the front tip of the stock to hide the former barrel band's area.

The barrel band will not be usable.
Yeah I had read up on that but decided to give myself an early birthday present. Went ahead and ordered new stock and new trigger assembly. Anybody know if the used metal trigger assemblies are worth anything as far as selling the old one? I always hear people saying they are better than the new ones

Some people will buy those metal trigger assemblies.

I would hold on to it.

I had a local smith do a trigger job on my 10-22. 12 years and a lot of bullets later, the trigger assembly failed due to the hammer slipping off the sear. A friend gave me his factory assembly--saving the day for me.

Here is the after pic. Added a threaded and fluted KIDD ultra lightweight barrel, a Boyd's laminate thumb hole stock and a Timney trigger. Hope to put some rds through it by Sunday and I will let tall know how it shoots.
image.jpg

Here is the after pic. Added a threaded and fluted KIDD ultra lightweight barrel, a Boyd's laminate thumb hole stock and a Timney trigger. Hope to put some rds through it by Sunday and I will let tall know how it shoots.
View attachment 436734

Go shoot it at 100 yds. You should be impressed by that setup. IMO the new 10/22 hammers are nicer since they dont need bushing. You should also radius the bolt, it really smooths up your action

Back
Top Bottom