• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-10 or actually my DPMS Gen I platform 308 build update.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Well she is starting to look like it's coming together. I just received my SLR Rifleworks Solo handguard today and installed that.. the only thing it lacks now is a BCG. I am going to upgrade the muzzle brake, trigger with something worth having after I get the gun firing.

The SLR Solo handguard was 300+ greenbacks but it a nice piece. This build is getting expensive quick. I have right at 700 for the Criterion barrel and SLR handguard. The BCG is going to be between 259 and 300. Then the trigger which everyone knows those can get fairly high in price depending on which one you go with. This pic doesn't have the Ambi charging handle but that's on the way it should show up tomorrow or the day after.

I will start out with irons while I am saving for a good optic. I am not going to cheap out on this one. I am still researching what type and brand I want to invest in. However, it will be a good one this I do know.
IMG_20240208_113657517.jpg

These SLR handguards are the bee's knees. Super lite and very solid. Obviously expensive but worth it on fit and finish. I can't imagine another handguard being so much better than this one. I know " G " is the reign supreme but this is so close I would definitely go this route again without a second thought.

Well the BCG is being ordered Friday. Had a few household repairs that put a hold on that purchase but good to go Friday.
I am really loving this SLR Rifleworks Solo 14.5 inch handguard feels good and looks decent as well.
Right now it's weighing in at a little under 7 Lbs. So the BCG should put that at 8 lbs. What do you think of that weight? Comparable to your? Lighter or heavier with no optic? Just checking in on what's a good weight for a 16 inch build. My 18 inch PA-10 is a lot heavier. It feels like more than just two inches of barrel heavier. What say you guys? I am really happy with the way this one turned out.
IMG_20240226_185907625.jpg

Well I ordered my bolt carrier group today. I was going to go with the toolcraft and then remove the bolt and replace it with a JP enterprises Bolt. I couldn't find a toolcraft BCG at a place that I've used before so I splurged and went ahead and got the Lantac bolt carrier group. Hopefully it's all it's cracked up to be. We will see!

Back
Top Bottom