10/22 custom build thread

My latest so far. Just did the new stock. I'll start fiddling with the guts once i break it in some more. The lasermax is on there for now for fun until I track down a metal barrel band and get motivated to polish the whole thing.

takedown.jpg

checked the bolt it is closing all the way - im thinking my trigger is not woking correctly and breaking correctly on pin so im not getting a fire - trigger seems like a dead pull now that im messing with it more - pull trigger it has a dead pull then its clicking on its return - plus i here no pin dropping in bolt mech - hmmmm

Check the firing pin length, or the spring for the hammer. Check the firing pin channel and the hole in the firing pin that the roll pin goes through.

ok thanks for all the good check points - i will do that during tear down - will post what i find - i just want this baby to fire everytime - let my d have some fun - lol - teardown will be tomorrow - cause its a larceny night tonight :)

My 10-22 had issues with light strikes. It turned out to be caused by hammer follow. The professional trigger job,that I paid for, had failed after thousands of firings. The hammer was slipping off the sear, riding the bolt, and putting a light strike on the rim as the bolt closed. Lucky for me, a friend gave me a trigger assembly.

ok so range report - took it all apart cleaned and lube - went back to range - started with battledyne mags - shot every round if i waited between rounds - if you picked up the pace abit it would catch round and pinch side of casing and lock round in bolt - would have to pull mag to clear or pull bolt back and shake to drop unfired bent round - ruger bx25 mags no way wouldnt fire - alot of fts ftf - bent bullets - ruger 10 round mag would just ftf like no strike on round - noticed that after trying all of this bolt was getting harder to pull back and release or slide foward - im not over lubing - putting lube in correct dosage per help from odt'rs - so im at a loss - wondering if its just the stock and mags just dont want to work together - maybe should go another way photo (6).jpgphoto (7).jpgphoto (8).jpg

Back
Top Bottom