• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 Stainless and Blued with Wood?

OP, This isn't a "make me an offer" site. If you want to sell your gun, post it in the classifieds with a price you want for it. It should fall somewhere around 100-125 range with the finish damage. But that's just my opinion. Someone might go the full 200 but most would just go buy a new one for 225 with all the factory finish in tact.

OP, This isn't a "make me an offer" site. If you want to sell your gun, post it in the classifieds with a price you want for it. It should fall somewhere around 100-125 range with the finish damage. But that's just my opinion. Someone might go the full 200 but most would just go buy a new one for 225 with all the factory finish in tact.
Sorry, this wasn't really an ad posting. I am genuinely curious as to what I've got. Someone said they would consider working something out and I invited them to PM me to discuss in private. Hope that's ok! :)

Synthetic stock with Blued barrel is $239 new. I'm not one to spend more than that on a 10/22, especially one that old, no matter the condition.

I'd highly encourage you to keep it. Add a BX trigger for $60, a Nikon scope ($125) and a few 25 round mags ($20 ea). It will be an awesome distance plinker. Fine add to a well-rounded collection.

This would make a fine candidate for a conversion stock. P90, MG42, various bullpup stocks, etc. It'll hide most if not all of the receiver.

It doesn't look to be in "excellent" condition to me. I wouldn't advertise it as an excellent condition stainless model either. As others have said the finish on the aluminum has been poorly removed. I agree it's probably worth somewhere in the $100-125 but if you find the right buyer maybe more

I'm not really advertising it. I'm seriously just trying to determine if this would have left the factory like this. If someone contacts me wanting to buy it, great! If not, it's not a big deal. :)

Although with the interest generated, I may list it at some point. Who knows?

Are those holes in the stock? Looks like beetles got after it or something.

<---- not an expert by any means

Did not leave the factory like that. The receiver and trigger group are aluminum. They paint the parts black at the factory. You can still see small bits of black paint in the recesses. If this were a stainless rifle the would be a clear coat finish to keep the aluminum looking new. Someone just stripped the paint off it.
You can paint the parts back to black for the factory look or finish removing the bits of black, sand all surfaces in one direction with 120 grit paper. then spray with a clear finish to get the stainless look.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom