• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 triggers and mods

I put power custom hammer and sear package in one I fixed for my wife about 10 years ago. Easy to install and gave it a 2 1/2 pound trigger pull that breaks smoothly and crisp. Cost was about $40.00 for kit .

I’ll second what AR-Trvlr AR-Trvlr said. No polishing or elbow grease really necessary. $25 Volquartsen hammer kit and about ten minutes of install time and you’ll have a sweet, crisp 2-3 pound pull on an otherwise stock set up. I did this to all my 10-22’s and it’s really cheap and easy to get a great trigger.

Is it worth the extra $20 for the EDM finish on the trigger? Looks like the difference in the $25 vs $45 trigger is the EDM trigger vs. ground on the less expensive trigger. I'm fine with the $45 trigger if it's better.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if the $25 Volq eBay trigger, $45 EDM Volq, or the $85 brimstone tier 2 trigger is worth the money compared to stock or BX trigger?
I haven’t shot them side-by-side so I can’t say for sure, but the $25 set is just as good as my full Power Custom trigger kit. I’m not sure the extra $20 of the more expensive kit gets you anything noticable.

The Kidd triggers are nice but $350x2 just sin't going to happen unless she really gets into the 22lr game and even then I'd probably rather move to a bolt r700 pattern rifle for precision work (bergara in an MDT chassis or CZ AT-One or something like that).
Just get the $99 (oops, i guess they're $127 now. thanks, joe) guts from Kidd. You will happy, pleased and giddy all at the same time.

I've done them all myself. Home job, VQ Kidd, drop ins, Brimstone you name it.

My favorites are still the Kidd guts! Cost versus time versus results, Kidd is the first winner in my opinion.

IMG_20230102_204030274.jpg

Shoes are not for sale, sorry!

I'll try one of the eBay $25 kits on her rifle and maybe try the Kidd guts on mine. Her trigger is the metal trigger assembly on the older models and Kidd specifically says for plastic trigger housings (doesn't rule them out, but it does say plastic once or twice in the description). I will check my MLR as I think it has the newer plastic trigger housing.

I've got plenty of other 22lr guns (51, 39a, 77/22, 92, 1890, 62, etc) but thought it would be a good option for her to take to an appleseed shoot soon.

I'll try one of the eBay $25 kits on her rifle and maybe try the Kidd guts on mine. Her trigger is the metal trigger assembly on the older models and Kidd specifically says for plastic trigger housings (doesn't rule them out, but it does say plastic once or twice in the description). I will check my MLR as I think it has the newer plastic trigger housing.

I've got plenty of other 22lr guns (51, 39a, 77/22, 92, 1890, 62, etc) but thought it would be a good option for her to take to an appleseed shoot soon.
I have Kidd kits in a number of metal trigger housings. They work just fine. You might have to tweak the reset and/or over-travel a little, but they still work fine for me. I have both black and silver triggers (metal) with Kidd parts. Their disclaimer is due to the fact that the plastic trigger tolerances are quite a bit tighter than the metal triggers and are more consistent. They machine their parts to that consistency, so that is why they steer you in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom